1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binker

Binker Senior member

thanks for the comments. that sweater is a 48, and I'm typically able to fill out a 50 pretty well, so I'm quite sure it's intended to fit oversized and round like that. and I really have no idea how to wear it except how I did, with slim, tapered jeans. dunno if I could pull off a look that has more than one baggy or oversized element.

2. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

off to work,

sized down on the N&F from first post but didnt notice the stacks on jeans were falling a bit weirdly

[​IMG]

3. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Quoted from awhile back just because it's so incredibly good. Mellowfellow, I'd give just about anything for access to your collection of clothes. You have superb taste, sir. You should turn into a gothninja and sell it all to me. Really. Your fits are always in line with how I'd like to dress - given a bit more resources and access to cities like NYC.

I'm sure you wouldn't have to break the bank in order to achieve a look similar to this. What makes the outfit work so well isn't that the brands are expensive, but the fit.

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

This is definitely fine. It seems like something I'd wear to make myself look a bit manlier on occasion. The DBs are not out of place, and are a good fit with the chinos. What's the brand on the pants by the way?

Thanks for the feedback. They're epaulet walt's. They fit a bit different from most walts, as they were a size too large so I had them taken in at the seat. The result is a slightly looser leg than how most walts fit me.

5. Nil

Nil Senior member

Have to say I don't particularly like the jeans or the scarf but the idea seems fine to me.

Jeans with bright contrast stitching running down both sides of the legs bother the hell out of me.

6. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

very simple fit today. pretty warm here, and going to see los campesinos! / johnny foreigner tonight.

[​IMG]

too small t
    too tight jeans
    common projects

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^^Those sneakers are disgusting. They look like freshly hatched mutant maggots or something...
    [​IMG]
    First pic looks great AR_Six...if you'd posted that in the fit battle i'd have made a different vote[​IMG]
    I also like this more than your fit battle submission.
    Thanks, and though I personally wouldn't agree (love my 5zip), it wasn't a conscious preference or anything - the fit battle one was what I happened to be wearing yesterday and this is what I happened to be wearing today. Though I imagine it would play better, people seem to get the most votes in those contests by standing out. Actually, without the sweater it would be my entry into any given "use of the colour green" fit contest like that one they had in MC one time that turned out so well.
    I'm all for odd proportion and deliberately skewed geomotries. Back in the day Raf was the master of this. This just looks jarring... Raf's not quite as directional as say Rick Owens, but some pieces are and those sneakers are one of them.
    This is fair. Actually I have mostly worn these with either an oversized knit at least, or a longer coat. They're a bit of a challenge, more so than my other (dominant white with black) Astros.
    Disagree with this almost completely, first of all I don't find them offensive and think they're pretty cool. Second of all I wouldn't call Raf hi-tops directional at all; these are a weird material but it doesn't seem that off with the rest of the fit. Pairing shiny hitops with skinny jeans and puffer seems like a pretty typical move to me.
    Even though they're patent, because they're cracked they don't come off as super shiny in normal light, that's mostly the flash and to some extent the artificial lighting. [​IMG]
    Jeans with bright contrast stitching running down both sides of the legs bother the hell out of me.
    Fair, but again the flash is accentuating the contrast significantly.
    does a puffer jacket reflect the natural shape of the body? I think the sneakers look good with the first pic, but not the 2nd, because without that jacket they have nothing to balance them out and look out of place. But in the first instance...looks great.
    Agree completely, actually. The main problem I have wearing these, I find, is balancing out the top half of the fit with them when tucking skinny jeans into them. If there's some bunching at the calf the proportions balance themselves out better and it's not as necessary to offset them with something up top like an outerwear piece. The knit helps a bit but not much because it's slim fit. I actually wish I had a detail shot of the sweater - it's 1999 Helmut Lang with nylon woven in between the ribbing, which creates a pretty interesting subtle shinyness to it that parallels the shoes. Basically I think to make this work properly I needed my grey pipe legs and NDG coat. I still think it's okay as is but the criticism is well taken. I'll see if I can take a non-flash pic later before I leave.

8. robbie

robbie Senior member

very simple fit today. pretty warm here, and going to see los campesinos! / johnny foreigner tonight.

[​IMG]

too small t
    too tight jeans
    common projects

i typically am not a fan of CP. i like them in this fit alot though.

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Those sneakers look so cool up close

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

very simple fit today. pretty warm here, and going to see los campesinos! / johnny foreigner tonight. too small t too tight jeans common projects
    This makes me feel very cold.

12. JoeRogan

JoeRogan Senior member

13. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

First pic here

[​IMG]

I'd lose the sweater vest.

14. Binker

Binker Senior member

too much patent leather in ar's sneaker closet, needs to bring in some buttery nappa

15. connor

connor Senior member

theres somethin you might not know about me joe rogan

16. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

17. JoeRogan

JoeRogan Senior member

"In my line of work you taste penises all the time"

18. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

too small t
    too tight jeans
    common projects

nice, solid and simple
    i typically am not a fan of CP. i like them in this fit alot though.

why not? as far as sneakers go they're great, unless you mean you're not a fan of sneakers in general

19. Adam24

Adam24 Senior member

adam24 most underrated waywt poster... consistently good shit. both styles done well looks dope

both fits are good adam

ADAM 24...2nd fit is great. Totally different style to your first one...the 2nd definitley suits you more.

MC would be butthurt about those hacking pockets, like both fits. Shoes could be better in the first (possibly the pants, as well). 2nd is bester

Thanks for the input guys.

@Adam24: Second fit is good shit, first one needs different shoes. And you look like a pear, but it's probably just the camera angle.

The camera angle isn't helping, that's for sure (as evidence, it isn't as obvious in the other pic). But it's not only the angle that is playing tricks. I have small shoulders (16.5 inches) and a big waist/hips (size 31 pants), so that plays a big role in my 'pear'-like shape, lol. But I've made my peace with that fact, can't really change much about it anyway [​IMG]

Me likey. What jeans?

Acne Max Cash.

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Since the last set was so polarizing I figured I'd re-take the photos without any flash on a couple of different light settings, so here is a re-issue. Also took a shot without the knit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.