Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Raags, not workin' man. Think you have to be pretty cut to pull off shit that fits like that.

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

That's one of the things I've noticed as well. It instantly makes the fit look very dated. Just need to freshen up that color palette a bit.
    I'm actually in the processes of moving away from brown/blue to more black/green (just dropped my Black 501's STF's at the tailor to get tapered). I actually have a question, though: Theoretically, would the brown boots work with a primarily black/dark green pallet? I actually own a (relatively) large amount of clothing in both of those colors and am looking at focusing on expanding along those lines (because I rather like those colors) but would also like to keep wearing the new boots. I suppose I could just post a fit once i get the jeans back from the tailor.

4. themselves

themselves Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Nudie Jeans

if you've been born with what is basically a short, stocky body type, I don't get why you would wear strongly tapered jeans, which is only going to make you look shorter, and stockier. Just a thought.

5. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I'm actually in the processes of moving away from brown/blue to more black/green (just dropped my Black 501's STF's at the tailor to get tapered). I actually have a question, though: Theoretically, would the brown boots work with a primarily black/dark green pallet? I actually own a (relatively) large amount of clothing in both of those colors and am looking at focusing on expanding along those lines (because I rather like those colors) but would also like to keep wearing the new boots.

I suppose I could just post a fit once i get the jeans back from the tailor.

Can you only do two colors at a time or something?

6. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

^^ Yep, I think the jeans are too tight for your body type.

The jacket is nice!

7. GraphicNovelty

Can you only do two colors at a time or something?
    Well, I figured there was an implicit "white/gray" in there (and now brown, as I used my photoshop skillz to determine that black jeans + brown boots actually looks pretty decent) but I really want to focus on expanding my wardrobe in certain color-directions to give me, well, direction in my buying habits. [​IMG]

8. snake

snake Senior member

9. mattt

mattt Senior member

Well, I figured there was an implicit "white/gray" in there (and now brown, as I used my photoshop skillz to determine that black jeans + brown boots actually looks pretty decent) but I really want to focus on expanding my wardrobe in certain color-directions to give me, well, direction in my buying habits. [​IMG]
    well you've posted a lot of dark green/black/brown/blue jean fits and honestly i think you should move in a different direction color wise. i think the green looks awful, personally.

10. GraphicNovelty

I'm thinking more olive than forest--I suppose dark is misleading. I mostly meant just not bright greens.

But I'm planning on going to H&M sometime soon and stocking up on a more varied BD's

11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Black jeans and brown boots look great if done correctly:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5HpUXLigip...shion-Blog.jpg

Black and dark green palette does not sound pleasant.

The trick is to be really attractive. GN, it looks like you take styling tips from a five year old Gap catalog. That's fine if you look like a model. Anything is fine if you look like a model. Unfortunately, most of us, including you, don't.

12. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

if you've been born with what is basically a short, stocky body type, I don't get why you would wear strongly tapered jeans, which is only going to make you look shorter, and stockier. Just a thought.

I disagree. He's going to look short and stocky no matter what. Might as well wear some nicely tapered jeans. If he was obese, that would be a different matter.

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

Black jeans and brown boots look great if done correctly
    I agree. I believe it gets a bad rap because people often do it wrong. I prefer it with darker brown boots. The pic at your link looks good. I suspect that someone will not like it because shoes are brown and jacket is black.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

I don't follow any rules but black and brown don't really look that great together no matter what.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't follow any rules but black and brown don't really look that great together no matter what.

Pretty much this but if it's really dark brown (like chocolate brown) it's not too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.