The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I can't support shirtless jacket fits

2. snake

snake Senior member

I can't support shirtless jacket fits

I think perhaps a necklace of some sort could have elevated the fit.

3. Riio

Riio Senior member

I think perhaps a necklace of some sort could have elevated the fit.

or a shirt

4. snake

snake Senior member

Lanvin ss11 had some nice examples of the shirtless blazer concept. Really cool accessories as well.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

blazer looks too big and formal

boddington could have balanced with some real shoes to look acceptable

please, no more diet/nutrition talk

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yup. Rolled sleeves alleviates problem of sleeves being too long. Does not make jacket less long. Fit through body is fine, Sq just needs to be 3 inches taller.

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

blazer looks too big and formal
    it might look big cuz there is nothing underneath it so there is more space between chest and body for shadow??

Yup. Rolled sleeves alleviates problem of sleeves being too long. Does not make jacket less long. Fit through body is fine, Sq just needs to be 3 inches taller.

it's an optical illusion. the jacket is 1 inch longer than my prorsum jacket which is a summer blazer and quite short by jacket standards. the MMM one is wool & dress/formal so one can expect it to be longer. additionally, it's a replica piece; at that time jackets were generally worn longer and with longer sleeves. the sleeve in the other pic that you said were too long simply looked that way because I was leaning to one side. see better pic below

[​IMG]

there is some sort of brainwashing going on (my tailor thinks the same way as most people on this forum) that all jackets should fit in the exact same way in their length/sleeves and that oversized cuts are bad. christopher baily being the greatest case in point (queue MC dorks):

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

cuffs look so bad dude. how do you go out in public like this? get them hemmed.

yeah not usually one to agree w/ sq but those cuffs are not doing you any favors. Hem em all ready.

10. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

As long as you realize it's making your short legs look shorter, go for it.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

cuffs look so bad dude. how do you go out in public like this? get them hemmed.

his regression is heinous

12. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

[​IMG] Candid weekend shot. Apologies for blurry droid picture. My fathers woolrich woolen mills sweater Levis Toms
    This isn't as terrible as the drama queens might lead you to believe, though it could definitely do with some improvement, particularly the bottom half. I personally like the sweater in the same way I like fair isle sweaters (I'm also a sucker for vintage pieces like these, but I digress), but I think the photo/lighting is making it look a bit bad, as the colours are all washed out and draw your attention to the beige trim, which is definitely not its highlight and even ends up looking dirty because of the lighting. If you wore some pants instead of jeans and had them slimmer in the top block and in a nice subtle colour (maybe a faded blue/navy or maroon, not black) , and rolled them up a bit nicer (and more even), pairing them with some nice sockless derbies (I think they'd look good in burgundee or cognac might look good, dont hold my word to it though) and taking a bit better a photo, I can see this looking pretty good with that sweater. Though perhaps you want to go a safer route for now after the other critiques you've received, but I definitely wouldn't be throwing everything in the bin just yet.

13. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

The sweater post is a classic example of "the clothes don't make the man". If you put that outfit on somebody who was in shape and with a good posture + better shoes it would probably be okay.

14. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

jacket looks fine but bailey looks terrible. sleeves are hilariously long; dad's clothes steez.

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

[​IMG]
    did you shave your chest hairs for fashunz? (no homo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.