• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
You could eat barely any calories but eat total **** and gain weight. What you eat is just as important as how much you eat.

******* hell you have to be trolling. I can't believe anyone could believe this. ****. argh. poooz and weez. grrrr.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blue squares
Last thing. From what I understand carbs themselves won't make you fat, they just inhibit your natural process of burning ***** acids. So if you have a carb heavy diet but you still eat well other than that, you'll be ok. However this is mostly guessing.
Originally Posted by Lane
What's more idiotic?...getting your sources from the internet where you can readily fact check, and research more. Or....take what you hear from TV/newspapers and accept what you hear blindly like most people do.
Originally Posted by hendrix
****. no. fat is an energy storage molecule. you're gonna burn lots of it when you don't have another energy source. I.E. cutting down calories.
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Eating fat makes you retain fat. "And people keep asking how I lost this weight More work and less food on the plate, Man Just a simple plan with a little bit of self discipline" Or you could just be Asian and not have such problems
Originally Posted by enarchay
You could eat barely any calories but eat total **** and gain weight. What you eat is just as important as how much you eat.
Originally Posted by Listi
Erm, what you are saying is impossible. If I am burning 2000 calories a day, and eating 1000 calories of ****, I NECESSARILY have to be losing weight. My metabolism game is pretty ******* tight, so I don't need to worry about any of that.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
it's incredible how little you guys know about nutrition
I know **** all about nutrition, but I know what works for me, and this photo is entitled "how to lose 50 lbs in 6 months", or alternatively, "exhibit on why J.D.M. actually lives much like a broke college kid and all these clothes are just a front". See list below for things that are missing that are usually there, because I haven't been shopping for a while, so this fridge is looking aenemic as ****. I will say that I have found in terms of expense, having tried all three at some point or other, eating bad food that's bad for you is cheapest, eating mediocre food that's good for you is next cheapest, and eating good food that's bad for you is by far the most expensive.
img00147201008151733.jpg
THINGS NOT THERE THAT USUALLY ARE: -A whole bunch of egg whites. -A lot more fish and seafood. -My tofu supply is a little low. -Pork. -A couple of 2" thick steaks, ate the last one last night. -Alright so I'm pretty much out of fresh meat altogether. THINGS YOU CAN'T SEE BUT I EAT QUITE A BIT OF: -Veggies in the veggie drawer: red onions, green onions, bell peppers, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, etc etc etc. -Oatmeal. -Tons of canned tuna. Important in conjunction with lite mayo and veggies in veggie drawer. -Canned beans (ie kidney, lima, assorted others) for chili / stew etc. -Whole grain rice / sushi rice. -The fact that I eat out way more than is reasonable. On the menu tonight: braised tofu with green beans, I guess. Kind of out of things to cook but too lazy to go out now that I'm in. I need to go shopping.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yes, everything works and nothing works forever. i am so geared up most of the time I have no clue what is working and what isn't anymore.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i ******* hate tofu ugh
I used to too until I figured out how to cook it so it's tasty, chicken is better but tofu is cheaper and it's nice to have a little variety. A big brick of tofu is like $1.25. The lite stuff there is about $2. The desserts are great and taste more or less exactly like parfait.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Looks like you did an alright job tailoring what must have been a canopy of a shirt, but that collar looks terrible open and I don't think collar stays can even cure that left one. Also, the fact that you still don't see what's wrong w/ Aldo makes me think that you're a very slow-playing troll.
The left collar could be fixed with a device called an "iron" And what is so terrible about Aldo? I readily admit I haven't had much exposure to what you guys call quality, but I just don't have - the time to consult w/you guys on every purchase I make - the guts to make a $300 shoe purchase off of a website I'm trying to learn what makes for good fits and quality clothes to make good choices... but I still have pressing clothing needs now. No need to be a dick

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing Santoni shoes right now , blake stitched, made in Italy, that I paid under $100 for. Don't need to spend a ton to have good quality shoes, just need to be savvy.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iron might fix it for an hour, but there's no coming back from that... I don't mean to be a dick for no reason, but you had literally zero people telling you you should go through w/ the Aldo purchase on whichever thread that was, and you did it anyway.
confused.gif
So that takes care of the consults, and I believe a lenient return policy takes care of your other point. I'm still a noob, man, so it's not like I can give you incredible advice. But I know that Aldo is crappy enough quality/looks/comfort etc. that you're just throwing your money away. Might as well save a bit and go for something worth it. Edit: also, what?? JD reminds me: you live in NYC! What are you talking about w/ the website shoe purchase...

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah... so... um...

Wait what?

1. Check one of the 20 discount outlets for high end retailers,
2. Check one of the ten thousand places you can find nice shoes at to determine your size in a particular make / last and then wait to find something online / ebay,
3. Check one of the god knows how many sample sales that crop up each season.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Aldo is ******* awful. You might as well just not bother with leather shoes. Where do you live?
NYC... If you guys could list some definite no-go brands, that would help. I posted a pic + link to the shoes I bought in the ultimate noob thread, and people said they looked fine. So far the shoes seem fine to me as well.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
NYC...

If you guys could list some definite no-go brands, that would help. I posted a pic + link to the shoes I bought in the ultimate noob thread, and people said they looked fine. So far the shoes seem fine to me as well.

yeah they'll be destroyed in a few months. i've owned aldo **** and known people who owned it

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
NYC...

If you guys could list some definite no-go brands, that would help. I posted a pic + link to the shoes I bought in the ultimate noob thread, and people said they looked fine. So far the shoes seem fine to me as well.

See my post above. As for what stuff is good and what isn't, you can figure that out for yourself, there is plenty of information on here if you take the time to look for it and the list of "no-go" brands is a mile and a half long. Aldo and Kenneth Cole are probably at the top of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads