1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I'm kinda stoned so i don't mind going through the thread and picking out representative pictures i like. I still need a good sq, a good fuuma, a better SC2NYC, that one xenox fit, a pic of nn in his red leather. Oh and kix, ajchen and connor and i think i've caught 'em all.
    NOPE.

I need to post more fits I have a bunch I just haven't edited and uploaded. No time.

2. jet

jet Senior member

quick pic took to join in the Sgt Pepper fun:

[​IMG]

Cool the Kid take note from my bruva right here.

3. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Those are my pewter lo-pro vans. I liked that navy blue pair on that link you put up there. Not a fan of the chuck taylors because of the high profile.

The colour is more problematic than the design of the shoe in this case, IMO.

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i hate that 80s shirt collar over jacket/coat look

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

come on man don't stand like that, it's bad enough when girls do it [​IMG]

7. grouper

grouper Senior member

bottom half looks like a 30 year old woman trying on TR

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

come on man don't stand like that, it's bad enough when girls do it [​IMG]

lol was to show off the flarezzz

70s* collar steez owns

9. MS007

MS007 Senior member

With all due respect (which is none), you have no idea what you're talking about.

You seem to be having a hard time taking criticism.

Or maybe I should be more specific to get my point across. The legacy shirt you are wearing clashs with the socks color wise.
    You cuff your jeans in order to show the socks wearing 6 inch boots! It makes them look short and the leather patches (visually dragging them down) add to the effect. The jacket is a great piece (I remember you posting in the RP thread and the fit was good), as are the jeans, but the perfectly matching leather patches make the combination look clownish, although with both items broken in, that might work better.

Throwing Junya pieces together doesn't autimatically create a good look. If you don't want to hear this, I can refrain from comment on your fits from now on.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

[​IMG]

and from earlier in week:

[​IMG]

11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

kunk is adorable :3

12. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Joining the love-fest for my Bruder. Great colors and I love the relaxed trousers.

13. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

and from earlier in week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think that's the first time i seen him smile without somebody photoshopping it in.

16. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

You seem to be having a hard time taking criticism.

Or maybe I should be more specific to get my point across. The legacy shirt you are wearing clashs with the socks color wise.
    You cuff your jeans in order to show the socks wearing 6 inch boots! It makes them look short and the leather patches (visually dragging them down) add to the effect. The jacket is a great piece (I remember you posting in the RP thread and the fit was good), as are the jeans, but the perfectly matching leather patches make the combination look clownish, although with both items broken in, that might work better.

Throwing Junya pieces together doesn't autimatically create a good look. If you don't want to hear this, I can refrain from comment on your fits from now on.

I can agree on the sock and shirt colorway arguement, my blue oxford was in the cleaners so I had very limited options. As far as this leather argument you keep pushing, I really disagree. I don't care about height proportions, I'm fucking 5'6 on a good day, I AM short, no hiding it. What I am wearing is how I style my clothing, no rules. And you can't tell but these jeas do have a bit of wear on the leather and are even starting to get whiskers slightly. These are things you can't see from my shitty pictures so I cannot fault you for that but trust me when I say that that is not the case. Also, this leather is luxe as fuck, I've tried wearing it in as hard as I can, the jeans are a year old now with almost weekly wear, more so last winter. It's just buttery indestructible leather dude.

17. connor

connor Senior member

yeah, it's dust. i only bought 2 things in town but bought the wife a mess of shit. sun was in eyes so i look miserable but i was smiling like a retard all week. had a great time.

yeah man you had a good week to be in the city, it was real nice last week. is that andrew zimmern from bizarre eats?

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yup, met him at the w. nicest guy ever.

19. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

I've met him, too, and he really is a friendly guy. Great pics.

20. Nil

Nil Senior member

He's a local here and I've seen him around quite a few times. Never talked but that's always the impression I got of him. His life story, from what I know of it, seems crazy (ex junkie, homeless, etc.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.