Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattt

mattt Senior member

badass pic.. are those brown shoes? i probably would have gone with black but it doesn't look too off

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah they're brown. I don't have black shoes that aren't boots and I don't own a pair of trousers so this was the best I could do.

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

nah the black/brown here looks awesome, i'm not sure why i just think black shoes would take away a bit of the edge.

the cut of the sportcoat looks amazing.

4. gtu2004

gtu2004 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Reason im so dressed up is I had to go to a family dinner. Feet look huge in the photo. I might post it in MC so I can find out whats wrong with my sleeve pitch and how I should have more opened quarters or some shit. Ill try find a photo which shows the detail better.

Jacket: Aquascutum
    Shirt: Dior
    Jeans: Raf simons
    Shoes: Jil sander
    Watch: Rolex date just

jacket fits well but i don't feel the super skinny pants in biz caz steez, even if they weren't jeans.

5. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

6. darnold

darnold Senior member

no it wouldn't, as BB1 explains, how can you have peace of mind from a car running on electricity when it probably indirectly squirts just as much carbon into the atmosphere as any other car?

Today on the average American power grid the Tesla yields a full cycle petroleum equivalent energy efficiency of ~44mpg, which is better than a Prius and certainly far better than the average internal combustion engine vehicle.

Perhaps more importantly, it directly leverages increased energy efficiency in the grid (say, from new nuclear plants, wind farms, etc) and will likely get more efficient as time goes by - and night time charging further squeezes greater efficiency out of existing infrastructure.

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Today on the average American power grid the Tesla yields a full cycle petroleum equivalent energy efficiency of ~44mpg, which is better than a Prius and certainly far better than the average internal combustion engine vehicle.

Perhaps more importantly, it directly leverages increased energy efficiency in the grid (say, from new nuclear plants, wind farms, etc) and will likely get more efficient as time goes by - and night time charging further squeezes greater efficiency out of existing infrastructure.

i stand corrected, that's good to know.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

uncontrol I think you need a haircut or more hair product, looking a little too sloppy lately. Then again could just be humidity fucking shit up like it is with my hair lately.

loloil sounds like a vanity plate that should go on my 1970 Ford Torino.

haircut on Wednesday man. Humidity is a bitch tho

9. Listi

Listi Senior member

[​IMG] Reason im so dressed up is I had to go to a family dinner. Feet look huge in the photo. I might post it in MC so I can find out whats wrong with my sleeve pitch and how I should have more opened quarters or some shit. Ill try find a photo which shows the detail better. Jacket: Aquascutum Shirt: Dior Jeans: Raf simons Shoes: Jil sander Watch: Rolex date just
    Your proportions are absolutely ridiculous, this looks awesome by the way. I'm trying to think of why your proportions always look so skewed in pictures. @uncontrol: you should get nudie thin finn black coated instead of zara coated, but the shirt is great and the jeans are "passable." @people: help me decide what style of haircut to get because I need one, recent fit pictures show my hair: http://i.imgur.com/2KGs4.jpg http://imgur.com/12hBh.jpg

10. puddin

puddin Senior member

curious, does that 44mpg figure take into account distribution losses in the grid? and how do you mean it directly leverages increased efficiency in the grid? if you're charging off peak i see how that's a good use of the electricity, but if you juice it up in the morning, you're adding to the peak load.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Proportions aren't that skewed actually. I do a lot of upper body work and very little lower body work so its very unbalanced. Its not really business casually, black waxed skinny jeans, darker then navy jacket, white shirt and very pointed bluchers isn't really casual.

12. Listi

Listi Senior member

I believe you that they're not that skewed, I just mean when picture are taken. I was thinking it is because of the extreme drop you appear to have.

A lot of people have stated despite the fact that I am crazy thin I look relatively normal in pictures, it's probably based on my proportions so a lot of things aren't as obvious while standing still maybe.

13. darnold

darnold Senior member

curious, does that 44mpg figure take into account distribution losses in the grid? and how do you mean it directly leverages increased efficiency in the grid? if you're charging off peak i see how that's a good use of the electricity, but if you juice it up in the morning, you're adding to the peak load.

That figure is "well to wheel" and does take distribution losses into account. The nighttime charging / increased grid efficiency are separate advantages. What I mean by leveraging increased efficiency in the grid is just that as infrastructure becomes more efficient, your Tesla's energy efficiency inherits those improvements. Your internal combustion engine's efficiency doesn't reap any advantages from investments into new power plants or green energy solutions.

If people want to talk about this more, perhaps we ought to take it to a new thread...?

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

[​IMG]

15. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

^^ dig it, the RO fits perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.