The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

That license reminded me of Jet entering a noob thread about BR, Old Navy, or other non-baller brand and smugly proclaiming "lol". The idea that spending the $$$ on Jil or MMM suggests one has become enlightened and thus managed to free themselves from the mundane evils entrapping the common man-- e.g. Gap, BR, or even oil. Yet nothing could be further from the truth. I find it amusing.

surprised such an analytical person as yourself would make such an ignorant remark bb1

couldn't help but lol

2. BB1

BB1 Senior member

surprised such an analytical person as yourself would make such an ignorant remark bb1 couldn't help but lol
    Maybe I'm just trying to get you to chime in with a reaction. Looks like it worked. So you really are enlightened eh?

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

ya got me there

sounds like you're implying that you are because you are on some derivative apocalyptic steez to me

4. snake

snake Senior member

snake,

the asymmetric shirt looks great on you. I knew you could pull it off well.

Thanks man, I'm really enjoying it. Glad I was able to get it off your hands. [​IMG]

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

lol at jet and bb1 back and forth

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Cool car, but what a boob! That "oil free" electric car is likely gets its juice from a power plant that burns coal or other fossil fuels.

Nukes account for a minority of total power production in the US. And it's a national-regional marketplace for electricity, so the specific plant supplying the energy is largely irrelevant.

However, electricity prices are likely less volatile than oil prices due to the use of multiple sources (e.g. coal, natural gas, nuclear, etc) as opposed to just one source. So that is one advantage, but considering the initial purchase price of the vehicle it's a bad choice financially.

One should buy a car like that for the technology, novelty, or performance. But to display the same underlying attitude as that of a Prius owner is just, well....

the piece of mind of driving a car that runs off electricity and is pretty sleek would definitely outweigh whatever extra cost it might be to run it.
    no it wouldn't, as BB1 explains, how can you have peace of mind from a car running on electricity when it probably indirectly squirts just as much carbon into the atmosphere as any other car?

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

8. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

needs more cats

9. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

And yes it is a bit smug to imprint "LOL OIL" on the back of your roadster, but I think it was intended more to be humorous than smug.

I first saw that pic on Digg, didn't recognize it as a Tesla, and just assumed the joke was because the sports car had horrible fuel efficiency. I thought it was funny then. Since finding out it was a Tesla, I think the plate is smug.

10. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Hanging out with cez, Uncontrol?

Bumper stickers are smug. Vanity plates are always for lulz

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

uncontrol I think you need a haircut or more hair product, looking a little too sloppy lately. Then again could just be humidity fucking shit up like it is with my hair lately.

loloil sounds like a vanity plate that should go on my 1970 Ford Torino.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

[​IMG] Reason im so dressed up is I had to go to a family dinner. Feet look huge in the photo. I might post it in MC so I can find out whats wrong with my sleeve pitch and how I should have more opened quarters or some shit. Ill try find a photo which shows the detail better. Jacket: Aquascutum Shirt: Dior Jeans: Raf simons Shoes: Jil sander Watch: Rolex date just

13. as_

as_ Senior member

You look like a Triad boss or something, hot damn.

14. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

[​IMG]

Reason im so dressed up is I had to go to a family dinner. Feet look huge in the photo. I might post it in MC so I can find out whats wrong with my sleeve pitch and how I should have more opened quarters or some shit. Ill try find a photo which shows the detail better.

Jacket: Aquascutum
    Shirt: Dior
    Jeans: Raf simons
    Shoes: Jil sander
    Watch: Rolex date just

Awesome.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Reason im so dressed up is I had to go to a family dinner. Feet look huge in the photo. I might post it in MC so I can find out whats wrong with my sleeve pitch and how I should have more opened quarters or some shit. Ill try find a photo which shows the detail better.

Jacket: Aquascutum
    Shirt: Dior
    Jeans: Raf simons
    Shoes: Jil sander
    Watch: Rolex date just

if you wore trousers instead of jeans it'd make this fit pimp as fuck and fix the weird proportions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.