• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The watch DISCUSSION thread

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you even comment if you don’t know?
Virtually all bracelets can be adjusted. Some easier than others. Straps too although some are a permanent adjustment like some rubber straps Omega uses where you cut to fit but there’s some adjustment in the clasp.

lighten up dude.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Virtually all bracelets can be adjusted. Some easier than others. Straps too although some are a permanent adjustment like some rubber straps Omega uses where you cut to fit but there’s some adjustment in the clasp.
Omega doesn't do this for rubber straps.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brothers, I’m planning on purchasing an Omega Seamaster 300M as a gift to myself. Does this watch come in only one size of band or are there various sizes? I have smaller sized wrist.
Unless you're set on buying a new watch, you may want to consider the Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary. It's 39 mm, so a much better fit for a small wrist than the other Seamaster models. I tried one on a few years ago in the Omega boutique; it's really nice. I can't imagine that it would be that difficult to track down.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. – Mark Twain (?) or Josh Billings (?)

Rasputin13

Reaction score
Are you getting the Diver Pro with the wave dial or the Master Co-Axial with the straight lugs and retro vibe?

The latest Diver Pro with the wave dial I believe has a normal rubber strap and a short rubber strap.

I'm not too sure about the retro looking Seamaster.

As Phileas Fogg mentioned, the metal bracelet can be adjusted.
Professional diver. I’m a Bond fan.

Attachments

• 3DE246A2-CC34-48D2-9870-4D0ABC188734.png
    3DE246A2-CC34-48D2-9870-4D0ABC188734.png
    248.5 KB · Views: 32

Rasputin13

Reaction score
Unless you're set on buying a new watch, you may want to consider the Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary. It's 39 mm, so a much better fit for a small wrist than the other Seamaster models. I tried one on a few years ago in the Omega boutique; it's really nice. I can't imagine that it would be that difficult to track down.
I’m ok with the 42mm, I just don’t want the band so loose it flops around on my wrist.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Professional diver. I’m a Bond fan.
Omegas are great but that goofy valve at 10:00 throws me off. Kind of gimmicky. Greatly prefer the almost-unnoticeable valve from the old Sea-dweller. Of course, the helium valve is only rally applicable to a tiny group of divers.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bracelet is adjustable. You'll just need the proper tools to remove the links or go to an Omega Boutiqe/AD and have them do it for you.

A lot of people prefer the rubber strap with that model saying it's much more comfortable.

You can also get some much cheaper aftermarket bracelets.

I’m ok with the 42mm, I just don’t want the band so loose it flops around on my wrist.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Omega doesn't do this for rubber straps.

Except when they do. You cut on the scored lines to get size reasonably close. There are spring bars which attach the clasp to the strap. There's a fair bit of adjustment in the clasp though.

12880111c_zoom_v1573217980866.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except when they do. You cut on the scored lines to get size reasonably close. There are spring bars which attach the clasp to the strap. There's a fair bit of adjustment in the clasp though.

Should've been more clear. Omega doesn't do this for their current lineup of watches.

Doesn't this strap have an integrated look so you can't just throw it on any model?

Rasputin13

Reaction score
Bracelet is adjustable. You'll just need the proper tools to remove the links or go to an Omega Boutiqe/AD and have them do it for you.

A lot of people prefer the rubber strap with that model saying it's much more comfortable.

You can also get some much cheaper aftermarket bracelets.

I’m not a huge fan of rubber straps. I think this watch looks nicer with the metal.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Should've been more clear. Omega doesn't do this for their current lineup of watches.

Doesn't this strap have an integrated look so you can't just throw it on any model?
Fair enough. Yes, curved ends makes it specific to certain models.
44B0E8F8-7AA3-4483-BC50-08CE32CDFE12.jpeg

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes... but it's not just about the looks.

One of my favourite travel watches when I travelled only in Europe and didn't need to switch the time zone was a simple Seiko 5 military on nylon strap. I had more interesting stuff but always ended up grabbing it when packing last minute and heading to the airport. Its 37mm case with sort of rounded corners was unobstrusive and easily fit under any sleeve. It was light and robust, and wouldn't catch on your bag strap or coat shoulder when you slung either on quickly. This was also before thin smartphones made it easy to read the time - the Nokia bricks had to be switched off during flight!

For the same reason, I much prefer the 1655 to the 16550. The 16550 is possibly more in line with the rest of the offering, more up to date with modern sensibilities but the 1655 was a tiny rounded blob that didn't get in the way and its design with the thick visible markers and fat short arrow made it highly readable despite that. The more elongated 16550 loses some of that IMO. Even if it is by today's standards tiny.

Totally agree that how it actually performs on your wrist is a major factor, too. That has as much to do with thickness as it does diameter in my experience.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The existence of "except when they do" suggests the existence of "when they don't"

point being a lack of certainty can be a virtue not a flaw.

Also, you might note that the strap you posted is "for" Omega, NOT "by" Omega. You might look into that further?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads