• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats!!!  Quite simply its a home run for AP!!!  Just wait until you see it in bright sunlight, the dial is amazing.  You will see varying tones of blues to dark grey.  Also the fit and finish is superb. 

As you may have noted in some past posts there has been a discussion of brands, boutiques vs. AD, watch pricing, discounts etc.   This is a watch that although expensive (even with a modest discount), I see tremendous value in the quality, workmanship, fit, finish etc.  I am really happy with this watch and although I wish I could have purchased it for less, I really do think its worth what it costs.

Congrats again!!! I am sure you will really love this watch.  I have barely had another watch on my wrist in the last 2 months. 

Thanks, Dino! It's been more than a week on the wrist, with my others relegated to the safe for now. I lucked out that my AP guy (non AD) was able to get his hands on one, even though from all my recent travels the only 15202 I saw in the metal was at Harrod's in London (with of course no discount). While a regular production model, the new 15202 appears to be produced in very limited quantities (at least for now).

Perhaps the most satisfying thing for me as it relates to value is that I know this one is a keeper - which of course doesn't always happen with watches we lust after. Last year, I had a terrific deal on a long-time object of desire (Journe 38mm Calendrier in platinum), although after only a few days I got that sinking feeling I'd put it back on the market. I ended up selling it earlier this year, after having worn it perhaps a half dozen times. With price as a guideline, the Journe was a much better deal, although the 15202 for me remains a superior value.

JonF

Reaction score

Fall is so here. Gold brightens the day.
1-DSC_5178.jpg

This is stunning! Do you have more pic of it?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Panerai made Ferrari branded watches from about 2005-2010.

correct. are ferrari watches still in production? before panerai it was GP. as a matter of fact, i didnt know that panerai had stopped until i saw your post.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This watch never fails to bring a smile to my face. She's a '52 Seamaster with a bumper movement and a Hirsch strap. Sweater is BB and it is probably the best shade of burgundy ever.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great vintage Seamaster!

Here is my vintage DJ in indian summer mufti

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that looks quite nice.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Panerai made Ferrari branded watches from about 2005-2010.

correct. are ferrari watches still in production? before panerai it was GP. as a matter of fact, i didnt know that panerai had stopped until i saw your post.

Hublot has the current contract for the "high end" watches.
Apparently Movado will launch a mass market Ferrari line soon.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hublot has the current contract for the "high end" watches.
Apparently Movado will launch a mass market Ferrari line soon.

thanks for the info.

hublot isnt bad, though the thing i liked about the GPs, was that i dont view ferarris as a chunky car, and i recall the GPs for ferrrari being more on the slimmer side. panerais and hublots, are chunky. just a small pointless notion, but i think the watch image should be consistent with the cars.

as to the mass market line, im sure it will be meh. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads