• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. btw, i totally see how these models are more your style.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would think they would at least have the most basic level of quality control.. Even for a fake factory.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You would think they would at least have the most basic level of quality control.. Even for a fake factory.

:laugh: some do some dont.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

transocean looks great

The only issues I have with it are the size (43mm) and the position of the date window (would've preferred it closer to the dial's edge). Otherwise a nice, clean design IMO.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nvm. misread.

Last edited:

dbln79

Reaction score
Agree on the position of the date window on the Transocean.

I just put in an order for the Polar Explorer II. Should be here in a week. I'll snap a pic of my collection.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Breitling Transocean. The size is perfect, but agree the date could be a little closer to the edge to balance the dial a bit.

Here's what I have on today.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ fantastic ^^

Agree on the position of the date window on the Transocean.  

I just put in an order for the Polar Explorer II.  Should be here in a week.  I'll snap a pic of my collection.  

:lurk:

atila

Reaction score

If anyone has not seen this report on Hodinkee, it is definitely worth a look:
http://www.hodinkee.com/patek-philippe-5204-title-here-live-pics
Just about as close to my ideal watch as it gets, at least out of the non-independents.

This is a shot in the dark, but what the hell...

I saw a Patek with this similar styling a few years ago (before I really became a WIS) in a display at a Torneau... I didn't handle it, simply admired it for a minute.

It looked similar to this in terms of the most basic points - black leather band, white dial, black hands and markers...

The rest I don't remember, but seeing this watch reminded me of that watch, which looked similar to it but perhaps a bit more simple.

Any ideas? I know, I didn't give much detail, but...

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Hey, watch-geeks! Can anyone tell me where to have an unusual watch identified, and get tips on restoration? Is there a thread here for either?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a shot in the dark, but what the hell...
I saw a Patek with this similar styling a few years ago (before I really became a WIS) in a display at a Torneau... I didn't handle it, simply admired it for a minute.
It looked similar to this in terms of the most basic points - black leather band, white dial, black hands and markers...
The rest I don't remember, but seeing this watch reminded me of that watch, which looked similar to it but perhaps a bit more simple.
Any ideas? I know, I didn't give much detail, but...
Not really a lot of info. How long ago did you see it? Was it new or pre-owned? How complicated? My father previously owned a Patek 5015 in yg. It had black hands, a white porcelain dial, and subdials for small seconds, moonphase, and power reserve. I also liked the officer's case with gold hinged back, which could be opened to a saphire display back to show the movement. It could also have been PAtek 5054 which was almost the same except for different bezel, Roman Numerals, and they added a date around the moonphase. Those might be two of my best guesses. Many of Pateks complicated pieces use gold hands rather than black. There have also been some very basic time only Patek's with hob nail bezels that had black hands and often a hob nail bezel. Good luck.
Just saw this looks good for a clothing brand.

One of the few clothing brands using nice movements is Ralph Lauren. Many of his watches use JLC movements. But for what they cost, I'd rather have a JLC watch.

sammy

Reaction score
Just added this beauty to my collection....
photo_zps5c734126.jpg

photocopy_zps04d8d909.jpg

Here's his younger brother on a braided Nato...
photocopy2_zpsca5e61fb.jpg

Keal19

Reaction score
buryjajy.jpg

First post in this thread as I've (hopefully) got something worthy of posting from a recent black tie event I went to.

Bought this watch a few months ago for my 21st birthday as its a Rolex Cellini from 1991! Much prefer vintage rolex's to any of the current offerings, just a shame I don't get enough events to get wear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads