• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soviet vintage )

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time being worn...Really fell in love when I first came across this version.

Reverso Tribute 1931 on Casa Fagliano strap.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was a great watch Appreciation day.

Went to wempe, and the breguet flagship boutique in NYC. An amazing minute repeater at breguet being the highlight, just wow. Also never saw so many tourbs in day.

Met up with dopey and gdl. Dopey was wearing a vintage omega. gdl was wearing his watch from the OP, and was kind enough to let me take this homage pic.

yvyzasa2.jpg

he even let my wear it myself and take my own pic. I chose a steak backdrop.

ate8a6ar.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First time being worn...Really fell in love when I first came across this version.

Very classy. Enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitch,

why is there a "water drop" on the Paneri? It doesn't look like the date magnifier, is it a smudge on your camera lens?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch,
why is there a "water drop" on the Paneri? It doesn't look like the date magnifier, is it a smudge on your camera lens?

overhead light reflection. i was :( when i noticed it in the pic. ah well.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the simple Reversos. Classic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beautiful Reverso. Definitely one of my favorite recent releases from JLC.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was a great watch Appreciation day.
Went to wempe, and the breguet flagship boutique in NYC. An amazing minute repeater at breguet being the highlight, just wow. Also never saw so many tourbs in day.
Met up with dopey and gdl. Dopey was wearing a vintage omega. gdl was wearing his watch from the OP, and was kind enough to let me take this homage pic.
yvyzasa2.jpg

he even let my wear it myself and take my own pic. I chose a steak backdrop.
Sounds like you had a great day. There are definitely lots of Tourbillons in the nice boutiques and AD's such as Cellini on Madison Ave. I'm going to a Cartier Fine Watch Making Event tonight at my local boutique. Should be a lot of fun, they will have an Astrotouibillon (the toubillion moves around the dial), a skeleton tourbillon Pasha, Skeleton Santos Dumont with black carbon coating on the case, several other tourbillons and complicated watches. I'm looking forward to a great evening of watch P0rn.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you had a great day.  There are definitely lots of Tourbillons in the nice boutiques and AD's such as Cellini on Madison Ave.  I'm going to a Cartier Fine Watch Making Event tonight at my local boutique.  Should be a lot of fun, they will have an Astrotouibillon (the toubillion moves around the dial), a skeleton tourbillon Pasha, Skeleton Santos Dumont with black carbon coating on the case, several other tourbillons and complicated watches.  I'm looking forward to a great evening of watch P0rn.    

indeed i did. your event sounds great. hopefully you can get some sweet pics! hint hint nod nod.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Stitch, I'll see what I can do about getting some photos. The last time I went to their boutique in Chicago they didn't want me taking any photos. Not sure if it will be different at my local boutique.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey Stitch, I'll see what I can do about getting some photos.  The last time I went to their boutique in Chicago they didn't want me taking any photos.  Not sure if it will be different at my local boutique. 

not unusual, i have experienced the same in certain places. i hope they are are cool with it at this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads