• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eww... I upchucked a little

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boss letting me wear this for the day
a9eqysus.jpg

Srs question, we are looking to sell this. As we have never had this particular model before, anyone have any idea what we should hold out for, for it, on the pre owned market?
Very nice, unfortunately I'm not sure what they are going for on the pre-owned market.

However one day I wouldn't mind getting aa SS version of this one day.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

eww... I upchucked a little

lolz, i would never buy it, but i wanted to wear it for a day. next week i wear the patek.

Nice, however I'm not sure what they are going for on the pre=owned market.

However one day I wouldn't mind getting aa SS version of this one day.

thanks, yeah, SS would look better, or the gold on a brown band.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boss letting me wear this for the day
a9eqysus.jpg

Srs question, we are looking to sell this. As we have never had this particular model before, anyone have any idea what we should hold out for, for it, on the pre owned market?
Nice watch, wrong metal. It definitely, looks much better in steel. When new, in gold they had a pretty steep price tag, but VC's from the early 2000's were heavily discounted, and hopefully you guys didn't pay a lot for this one. That bracelet design is also known for links getting "locked up" or stuck. The few auction results I saw were several years old for an all gold NON-chrongraph version for suggested estimates of $8,000 to $11,000...with actual sales prices being $8,280, $10,580 including the buyers premium, and then the one gold CHRONGRAPH version had estimates of $10,000-12,000 and actually sold for $11,500 including the buyers premium. Again results are several years old, but most people favor this watch in all steel, so in gold it might be a tough sale.

MuZI

Reaction score
Nice watch. Thought about getting one of these for a while now but I already have multiple mil-style watches. Will have to liquidate more of them first.

We may need to start a Middle Class Watch Appreciation thread.

As for your date laziness - watchwinders were made for folks like you.

I have a couple of watches. The amount I would spend on a nice watch winder... I'd rather just buy another watch.

Tudor Chronograph for today.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice watch, wrong metal.  It definitely, looks much better in steel.  When new, in gold they had a pretty steep price tag, but VC's from the early 2000's were heavily discounted, and hopefully you guys didn't pay a lot for this one.  That bracelet design is also known for links getting "locked up" or stuck.  The few auction results I saw were several years old for an all gold NON-chrongraph version for suggested estimates of $8,000 to $11,000...with actual sales prices being $8,280, $10,580 including the buyers premium, and then the one gold CHRONGRAPH version had estimates of $10,000-12,000 and actually sold for $11,500 including the buyers premium.   Again results are several years old, but most people favor this watch in all steel, so in gold it might be a tough sale.

thanks! we paid less than the scrap value, so we are fine either way. we have an offer over 20K, just wondering if we could get more, i guess we should take the offer. :)

atila

Reaction score
I've bought MANY watches for "less than scrap gold value" but its always old geneve watches that we literally scrap and melt down. Never been offered one like this - actually, we bought a 18kt TT Ladies Yachtmaster for $800, mom still wears it today.

Amazed someone would sell that watch for scrap gold price, wow, you better jump on any offer over $10k considering you paid maybe a 20% of that!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've bought MANY watches for "less than scrap gold value" but its always old geneve watches that we literally scrap and melt down. Never been offered one like this - actually, we bought a 18kt TT Ladies Yachtmaster for $800, mom still wears it today.
Amazed someone would sell that watch for scrap gold price, wow, you better jump on any offer over $10k considering you paid maybe a 20% of that!

it was an unusually good buy. :D

nice job with the watch for your mom!

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks! we paid less than the scrap value, so we are fine either way. we have an offer over 20K, just wondering if we could get more, i guess we should take the offer.
smile.gif

I'm a VC fan (I own 2 Vacherons), but personally I think its a rather undesirable version of the Overseas. So if you have an offer of better than 20K, I would be afraid not to take the offer. If your buyer dies, you guys might never see an offer like that again and you could be sitting on it for a very long time!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm a VC fan (I own 2 Vacherons), but personally I think its a rather undesirable version of the Overseas.  So if you have an offer of better than 20K,  I would be afraid not to take the offer.  If your buyer dies, you guys might never see an offer like that again and you could be sitting on it for a very long time! 

Yah, thats what i figured, just doin mah due dilegence.

Thanks all for your help.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up my ROO diver today (on offshore bracelet). pics to come!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my ROO diver today (on offshore bracelet). pics to come!
Congrats! I really think it looks best on the bracelet, so nice choice. Now lets see some pix! Would also like to see a picture of its lume.
Yah, thats what i figured, just doin mah due dilegence.
Thanks all for your help.
Glad to be of some help.
took a lume pic of my sub
e
DSC_0149-1.jpg
Nice photo. I really like the blue lume they are using.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
i really like the new ceramic sub. anymore shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics