• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

peasants :)
while we're on the subject though, a friend has proposed a trade: my speedy for his iwc 3717 (the older, 42mm version). i admit i've always had a soft spot for that watch. would you do it?

actually, i had to look them(3717, 3706) up, but not really. the speedmaster is really iconic, imo. i realize it every day, I wear it. although, I'm not so keen on compliments from guys, you get them a lot from crown wearers. real story.

ps: ******* reset pusher is broken for the second time although I never use this function. ridiculous.

Last edited:

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

ps: ******* reset pusher is broken for the second time although I never use this function. ridiculous.

thats because its not a rolex. :nodding:

jsut fuckin with ya fritzy. ;)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thats because its not a rolex. :nodding:
jsut fuckin with ya fritzy. ;)

you can't corthay man :hide:

the funny thing: i saw the hand being not in the position and wanted to reset. broken again. how did they land on the moon with this watch as a tool?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

you can't corthay man :hide:

the funny thing: i saw the hand being not in the position and wanted to reset. broken again. how did they land on the moon with this watch as a tool?

have you sent it back to omega? id be raising a huge stink about that defect. I dont think i ever used any of my chronos, but id still expect em to function.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My speedy is turning 40 years old next year and the pushers work perfectly

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

have you sent it back to omega? id be raising a huge stink about that defect. I dont think i ever used any of my chronos, but id still expect em to function.

they fixed it with the first big service. actually, I found a very nice watchmaker recommended to me by the Master Distributor of Rolex for Austria. He just works on my grandfathers watch. I'll get my hands on it first week of august and I'll ask him what to do?

I don't need the function but I'm honestly with you. this has to work. maybe, our mankind hasn't been on the moon and the speedmaster is just a meme :D

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lucky one. I've heard of this problem before and they excused for it when they serviced it. **** happens, I guess.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

they fixed it with the first big service. actually, I found a very nice watchmaker recommended to me by the Master Distributor of Rolex for Austria. He just works on my grandfathers watch. I'll get my hands on it first week of august and I'll ask him what to do?
I don't need the function but I'm honestly with you. this has to work. maybe, our mankind hasn't been on the moon and the speedmaster is just a meme :D

I always forget youre in austria. Im sure theres a few INCREDIBLE watchmen there.

moon landing is debatable. :tinfoil:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

its almost as old as you. i hope your pushers are still working. AYO!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I always forget youre in austria. Im sure theres a few INCREDIBLE watchmen there.

imo, he's like you imagine this kind of guy. i plan to use him on a regular basis.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

its almost as old as you. i hope your pushers are still working. AYO!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

imo, he's like you imagine this kind of guy. i plan to use him on a regular basis.

thats just great fritz. im quite jealous. the guy i took my grandfathers watch to was fat, eating a burger king whopper while we spoke, and had such a thick southern redneck accent i could barely understand him.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thats just great fritz. im quite jealous. the guy i took my grandfathers watch to was fat, eating a burger king whopper while we spoke, and had such a thick southern redneck accent i could barely understand him.

your story has some charme, too. no pun intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads