The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

2. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

agreed. for some reason, ive never been a huge fan of tourbs....totally unnecessary on a wristwatch. it serves no function other than looking complicated. if i had that kind of coin to dump on a complication, id get a minute repeater. clean, legible, and serves a purpose. The tourb is just nifty to look at.

just have them scheduled on your home owners insurance. theyll cover the loss...and keep em in the safe too.

3. in stitches

best, but most expensive, is to submit individual appraisals on each item to your homeowners/renters insurance, and have a separate rider for each. so you are 100% covered. but it will cost a you a few bucks each year. the mo stuff the mo money in insurance, and that can get pricey.

one thing to confirm with the insurance provider though, as there are different options, is in case of loss, will they reimburse you for the appraised amount, or just replace the watch for you. they all have agreements with jewelers for these things. i know a place in ATL that has 5 person team that only deals with insurance companies and replacements. its good to know what you are paying for in case you make a claim.

fock you. i love a tourb. it is my ultimate grail watch. particularly the JLC gyro 2, or triptique.

4. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Great looking watch. The sort that looks great with everything.

5. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

I'm sorry man. If you don't mind me asking, what year was the Daytona with the black dial? I have been looking into getting myself a Daytona with a black dial. I really want to get an older one but they are much more than I can to spend. Will most likely get a Daytona with Zenith movement instead. I aso really like the look of patrizi dial. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

6. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Yeah I really like the GMTc. I might get one in a couple weeks. :D

7. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

8. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I just took delivery of the new 15202 Jumbo last week. Its just stunning! Its the first AP I've had in more than 10 years and everything about it is impressive (case and bracelet finishining, the classic cal 2121, and the dial which takes on different shades of blue depending on the lighting). Pluse the one advantage of this tribute to the original is the display back where you can view the iconic cal 2121. You will not be disappointed. Below are 2 quick and sadly blury camera/phone photos. I hope to have some better photos like the one above soon. This was a belated 40th birthday/10th anniversary gift from my wife and it was well worth the wait!

Best regards,
    Dino

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012

9. in stitches

participated in buying one these at work today. to sell not keep. :(

[​IMG]

10. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

I just took delivery of the new 15202 Jumbo last week. 
    [​IMG]

Congrats and wear it in the best of health. The new 15202 is near the top of my list.

11. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Argh! All of you with your AP's, soon boys soon.... I'll flash mine too :)!

12. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

The original Overseas chrono is a very nice watch. I like its looks far more than the 2nd generation Overseas. Although, the bracelets on the originals frequently had issues with the bracelet links getting jammed and stuck. I think that is one of the reasons they completely changed the bracelet on the 2nd generation.

13. in stitches

thats too bad, i like this bracelet much more than the newer one. we got it for a steal too. :slayer:

14. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

Mine was a 2006 if i recall.....has the in house movement. I loved it, but if i had the choice, i wouldve gone for the zenith movement in a heartbeat. the el primero movt they used wasnt the standard one in the other zenith watches...rolex went over it witha fine toothed comb and did a lot of mods. fantastic watches.

you wont regret it.

Oh goodness. I love the overseas.

The original Overseas chrono is a very nice watch.   I like its looks far more than the 2nd generation Overseas.  Although, the bracelets on the originals frequently had issues with the bracelet links getting jammed and stuck.  I think that is one of the reasons they completely changed the bracelet on the 2nd generation. 
    [/quote
    I much prefer the bracelet on the 2nd gen. really nice!

15. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Thanks man. I'm already starting the savings, told my wife about it and she is so against it...Well few more months and I have my real baby.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.