The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustapha

Mustapha Senior member

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Okidoki:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drool...

And not because of the sexual nature of the watch because of the complication and workmanship / artistry of the watch.

Jon.

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Drool...

And not because of the sexual nature of the watch because of the complication and workmanship / artistry of the watch.

Jon.

yes Jon, we know you are not into male+female intercourse, you don't have to beat us over the head with it.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Most of the CvdK don't do it for me; but, the Astrolabium (a bit of Lyra and the alethiometer) I would take.
    [​IMG]

I always liked the UN version:

[​IMG]

Jon.

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Drool...

Jon.

Complication?

It only tells the time. This is not considered a complicated watch.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

yes Jon, we know you are not into male+female intercourse, you don't have to beat us over the head with it.

Sigh... must you turn every post into something homosexual. It's like you are obsessed with the subject.

Jon.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Complication?

It only tells the time. This is not considered a complicated watch.

I could swear the rear figurines were moving automatons...

However upon a closer look they might be fixed in place, and frankly what's the point of going through all that trouble of making them if they are only to be fixed in place?

Jon.

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Anyone know a good online source for Panerai? I found a few places on Google, but stocks seem to be very limited and many are selling NIB Panerai's at a premium to the List Price.

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Anyone know a good online source for Panerai? I found a few places on Google, but stocks seem to be very limited and many are selling NIB Panerai's at a premium to the List Price.

There is no such thing.
    Sometimes a few of the better grey market dealers in Asia will have a few pieces but the discount won't be much. Try Zeetan at collectorstime.com
    Dealwise your best bet would be a private seller on paneristi.com or watchnet.com.

You can also try to find an out of state dealer who is willing to ship it to you.
    You'll at least save sales tax. The Beverly Hills Boutique would be your best bet in terms of selection.

10. Eustace Tilley

There is no such thing.
    Sometimes a few of the better grey market dealers in Asia will have a few pieces but the discount won't be much. Try Zeetan at collectorstime.com
    Dealwise your best bet would be a private seller on paneristi.com or watchnet.com.

You can also try to find an out of state dealer who is willing to ship it to you.
    You'll at least save sales tax. The Beverly Hills Boutique would be your best bet in terms of selection.

Thanks - looks like I'll have to pay list if I want one [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Most Panerai watches go for list price or above. Wierd that it is the logo becuase I thought that was the one you might find for 15% or so off.

12. Eustace Tilley

Most Panerai watches go for list price or above. Wierd that it is the logo becuase I thought that was the one you might find for 15% or so off.

Nope - can't find it anywhere. I tried on the PAM 005 (pictured) a few weeks ago and it just looked great on my wrist. Comparatively inexpensive as well.

13. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Nope - can't find it anywhere. I tried on the PAM 005 (pictured) a few weeks ago and it just looked great on my wrist. Comparatively inexpensive as well.
    The best you can usually do is to get the store to throw in a couple extra straps and maybe a deployant clasp and sell those on TZ.

The Marina is one of my favorite watches though I prefer the 111 (for sandwich dial).

14. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

ok so stupid question, but wouldn't you find the manual winding a bit bothersome after a while ? i love the look of that watch as well, but would much prefer it in the automatic. (like the 104)

Granted i don't own one, but i am in the market for one as a year end treat to myself.

15. Mustapha

Mustapha Senior member

ok so stupid question, but wouldn't you find the manual winding a bit bothersome after a while ? i love the look of that watch as well, but would much prefer it in the automatic. (like the 104)

Granted i don't own one, but i am in the market for one as a year end treat to myself.

The 'Paneristi' are gonna pile on all over you. I don't own one either but the fanboys like the manual wind as it's more purist. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.