1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jpvfx

Jpvfx Well-Known Member

One of the best strap makers in Paris (europe) - amazing product - but not for the faint hearted (price wise) - true bespoke watch straps (leather goods).

2. RR-NYC

RR-NYC Active Member

BP makes decent straps that only make sense to me if you are unable to find elsewhere, IMO.

When I had a 40mm Panerai, I ordered straps from them because nobody sold the ones I liked for a 20mm lug

3. dukerules

dukerules Well-Known Member

BP is amazing for exotic leathers. Plenty of better, and cheaper, options for calf leather straps.

4. E TF

E TF Senior Member

I have an iwc deployant buckle which never sat comfortably on my wrist until I had ABP make a strap for it - they moved it round a bit by making one side of the strap a cm or so longer than normal (and the other side shorter). Fits perfectly now. It's worth visiting their shop if you're ever in Paris - you get to rifle through drawers of skins to pick the one you want, then lay the template over it to pick which exact bit of it will make the strap, pick the thread for the stitching etc, etc.

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

I have been looking at some of their stuff, what does a crocstrap cost?

The toad straps. :drool:

6. E TF

E TF Senior Member

Think it's about €300 but I might be wrong.

7. Find Finn

that's about the same, as a for a of the shelf croc strap.

So it sounds like a fair price for custom.

Last edited: May 17, 2012

8. Jpvfx

Jpvfx Well-Known Member

Finn - I think there is a section on the web site re costs? But figures of €300-500-800 upwards, come to mind (the croc could be the upper costs). As RRNYC mentioned they are really great for bespoke 'one off's/specials - with a range of skins not found everywhere (wrongly or rightly)! If its something 'standard' you're after, as others have mentioned there are now many options (inc ready to wear) available out on the web, worth a look.

9. Jpvfx

Jpvfx Well-Known Member

Yes, thats true and as we discussed here last week - Straps can range from a couple of bucks to thousands!
    Eg. A Panerai OEM standard calf/croc strap is about €300 give or take - so yes the bespoke option doesn't look that rough and to have something 'one off' is cool!
    I have a great watch strap made from my favourite dying wallet! Its still going strong today. (maker HKTAN).
    [​IMG]

10. Find Finn

Missed that part, had seen the std. order form.

The local watch shop has a book with straps, so it was more a question of finding something special and personal and not cream croc etc.

That looks great and a great way to reuse the wallet and get instant patina.

11. Sir F

Sir F Distinguished Member

Bought this to my gf about a month ago. The same as I posted before but better pictures here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. NonServiam

NonServiam Senior Member

Celebrating Norwegian Constitution Day! Happy 17th of May to every Norwegian by birth or persuation! [​IMG]

Started the day with champagne breakfast with good friends, went into downtown Oslo to greet the king and then home again for some R&R until it's time for dinner and drinks with the best people I know. Thankful for living in a free and peaceful country!

[​IMG]

13. Sir F

Sir F Distinguished Member

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

im sure she must love you. great gift.

looooove it :slayer:

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

you got two identical straps out of the wallet? that's a pretty cool way to reuse/recycle something that you like... I can see the Gucci imprint on the end of the strap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.