• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score
one of my grail watches that is. is that WG or plat?
nod[1].gif

lurker[1].gif
WG this one

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WG this one 

Absolutely gorgeous, definitely one of my grails. I hope you wear it in the best of health, and when you are no longer in the best of health, send it to me :).

Just kidding.

But really, that is just an unbelievable watch. That is close to the end of my "to buy before I die" list.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amazing stuff Walker.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely gorgeous, definitely one of my grails. I hope you wear it in the best of health, and when you are no longer in the best of health, send it to me :).
Just kidding.
But really, that is just an unbelievable watch. That is close to the end of my "to buy before I die" list.

i have told my wife more than once, that if i never make enough to money to buy that watch, i am going to refi our house when im 65 to buy one. she thinks i am kidding. i dont understand why.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i have told my wife more than once, that if i never make enough to money to buy that watch, i am going to refi our house when im 65 to buy one. she thinks i am kidding. i dont understand why.

How could she not find that completely logical? At least you have planted the seed early.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have always been of the belief that if you repeatedly tell your SO that you are going to do something, and she never explicitly says no (implicitly, of course, does not count), then you are able to do such a thing with impunity. Now, with that said, I am currently singlin' and minglin', so it may be wise to take what I say with a grain of salt :stirpot:

And now, some duometre spherotourbillon pr0n! Going to be honest, initially I thought to myself: "beautiful watch, but don't know if I would be the type to wear it." After having looked at more live pics, I really have to admit that I would wear the hell out of this watch. I love the white textured dial. And the watch is just beautifully balanced.

Mas: http://www.watchesbysjx.com/2012/05/up-close-with-jlc-spherotourbillon.html

Cylon

Reaction score
I have found that it is much easier for a married watch afficianado to do something like this so long as the wife's desires are satisfied. The good news is that women needs lots of small jewelery pieces over time, rather than one expensive watch in one go.

In baseball terminology: give her lots of singles and doubles, then you can get your home run when you turn 65 (she will even be happy to do it methinks).

Such is life.

The speedy pro cost me a cartier and a sapphire set. What can I do shes pregnant
smile.gif

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cylon

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

you got me
lol8[1].gif

ok how about

so long as a wife's desires are "modestly entertained"

??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads