1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

c'mon... gimme a break.. that's just silly.

this is a point of class and elegance that may be lost on some.... I like you akatsuki!

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

It's a subjective opinion like everything else, but I think that it looks out of place on a 20 year old, with the way most young people dress and the design of the watch. In my world I would say that you have to be over 30 to make it look good, maybe even 40.

Last edited: May 4, 2012

3. whatduhever

whatduhever New Member

Haha, i enjoy browsing through the forums and listening to different perspective from different people! :D

4. whatduhever

whatduhever New Member

Um, it's a transport company that transport goods, people so forth and on. I'l be meeting new/old clients together with my dad so as to get me familiarized with the customers! I would think a shirt and work pants with a tie on normal days, occasionally suiting up. This may sound pretty stupid but, i'm actually looking for a watch that i like ( simplicity of the design / the little things like the blue hands in the Dornbluth, the reverso) and something that i can hand down to my kids in maybe 20 years time!

I think it actually depends on how you wear it, the things you do, and the words you say? Although i will have to agree you that people who don't know (e.g people walking on the streets.) would think that you're just carrying a fake. But they don't matter, the people who matter, are the people that you're gonna come into contact with!

Thanks! I think i shall start hunting for a vintage patek!

5. Kid Nickels

oh sure I agree... 20 is quite young and a Reverso is not appropriate.... kinda like what akatsuki said. But I wouldn't call a 30-40 year old man "old"!! yikes... whattaya call 'em when they hit 60? :lol:

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

In lack of a better word grown man seemed wrong. ;)

7. whatduhever

whatduhever New Member

I've no idea where my previous post went to, it says i've got not enough posts to post? So they're moderating my post..?

8. Sir F

Sir F Distinguished Member

Dont agree here at all. If a young classy guy wears it (just the nicest thing to see, for me)

In watches there is nothing for old and young wearing, it's all about the feeling for the watch and how you wear it.

9. gmh1013

gmh1013 New Member

10. Warren G.

Warren G. Distinguished Member

love the Pepsi. Welcome to Styleforum..

11. Kid Nickels

[​IMG]

anyone know about these? just something I stumbled across and only did some cursory research. I've never been too fond of lug-less designs but it's part of the minimalist vibe they're going for.. just curious.

Last edited: May 5, 2012

12. Poindexter

Poindexter Senior Member

Dunno, Kid.

I've looked at 'em as well. It's a clean æsthetic, but they're a little big for me (41mm or so, if memory serves), and also rather thick, and that cylindrical shape makes the clean dial designs not go under a shirt cuff too well.

I don't ultimately care about the luglessness, there's probably a springbar in there, but they don't seem to have a coherent mission.

Last edited: May 5, 2012

13. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

They were in an A Blog To Read article last year I think. I don't remember why but I remember not liking something more than the design. Probably price and canned movement.

14. kalye

kalye Well-Known Member

I dislike the reverso arabics. Wish it had more oomph like in some black faced models I see..

15. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.