The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Although I agree with that to a certain extent, I have always been drawn to Kari's aesthetic. I like how all of his pieces are distinctly his style, and are quite recognizable. I have always been a fan of his oversized Breguet hands, and the teardrop lugs he uses. With that said, some of his work tends to be a little over-guilloched for my tastes.

2. Jpvfx

Jpvfx Well-Known Member

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i definitely agree on the case/dial point re: independent makers, and usually, im not a fan of those types of watches. often all kinds of odd bubbles here and there, but there is something about this one i really like.

:laugh:

never seen one irl. :(

from the designs of his i have seen, he does not seem to suffer the above mentioned malady.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Whats the difference with the worldwide edition to the non-worldwide edition? How do I differentiate one from the other? I checked out Chrono24, I really would prefer buying from a seller in the US (don't want to deal with international shipping and customs) so I guess that is out of the question. I wouldn't mind and actually prefer to buy new if possible too so I guess I have a few phone calls to make. Thanks for all the info.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

5. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

[​IMG]

The Reverso Worldwide. Notice the sword shaped hands and the alligator strap.

[​IMG]

The Limited Edition Reverso US edition 2011 version. Notice the different hands and the richer patina on the dial marker and hands.

[​IMG]

The only diff between 2011 and 2012 US edition is the strap color. These are cordovan straps handmade by Casa Fagliano. No replacement straps can be ordered.

Best of luck man. We want to see pix when you get it!!!

6. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

And to throw a curveball, theres also a white gold and a rouge version of the 1931 (you can also see the hands better on the worldwide reverso on the left)

[​IMG]

These were announced at SIHH earlier this year so the wait time will be a bit longer, and I think the Rouge is a boutique exclusive. Not sure about the WG..

of course this is just about 1931 tribute reversos...theres a ton of other reversos out there

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

thanks for the Reverso info Cylon. I do like the Rouge even if it is a little bit dandy! :nodding:

btw... why does only the white face have a sub dial?

8. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

No problem! It's been on my radar so long I should know a thing or two about it [​IMG]

No idea! I've asked myself the same thing. If they made a SS version w a subdial I'd probably be all over that!

I guess if you're paying the gold premium, they felt bad and threw in a small seconds hand for free [​IMG]

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Thanks for all the info Cyclon. Appreciate it. Yeah the original plan is actually a Reverso Squadra but when I set my eyes on the 1931 a year ago I just fell in love. I like black faces on watches so this one just seems perfect.

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

great contributions here cylon.

11. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Thanks for the info, I was about to ask the differences between the models. I really like the US version, don't care for the cordovan straps. I do wish the watch had a date at 6 o'clock.

12. Lax28

Lax28 Member

Two of my watches. Bvlgari and a limited edition Panerai Regatta
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. apropos

apropos Senior member

But when they get it right...

[​IMG]

Love the 1931, especially the US version, but am a bit :confused: about the pre-aged lume on it. IMO the Casa Fagliano are more Casa Fugly than anything else.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

14. Jpvfx

Jpvfx Well-Known Member

;-) Yes, strangely speaking of independents. PSM does not confirm to the above comments in this thread - He's one man out there doing it very differently and original ;-)
    I love bespoke watches - strange there isn't more here on SF.

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Can't find sales on bespoke watches :). Plus, I find that 'MIS' and 'WIS' do not really go hand-in-hand. Look at Will, for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.