• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Reverso Ultra Thin is gorgeous. I would love to get my hands on one :).

As an aside, I have been timing my JLC Master Control over the last 3 days. Happy to say, that three days have passed, and it has neither gained nor lost a second. God I love this watch.

dshap

Reaction score
Another vintage Heuer arrived today:

2012040411630GMT-1.jpg

2012040411630GMT-13.jpg

2012040411630GMT-17.jpg

2012040411630GMT-29.jpg

2012040411630GMT-52.jpg

2012040411630GMT-56.jpg

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the input guys. I've been itching a bit to get one.
Is anyone here from Canada? I'd like to get some advice regarding bringing in a watch from outside the country; dealing with customs and such. Prices here are far more higher than the US.

If you are buying new you will most likely get hit with duty, gst etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it was about 15-20%. No problems through Amazon though. If you buy used off TZ I would have it shipped via USPS priority post.

I paid customs fees on the first purchase just over 2k. It was about $100 in duty but I can't remember if the seller used a courier or USPS. My second purchase shipped through USPS registered mail was about $200 and I paid nothing.

I am still trying to figure customs out, but with other purchases, I find I have had the best luck shipping through USPS.

Last edited:

dshap

Reaction score

Nice. I have a non-GMT bull-head Autavia (with a rotating diver's bezel). I am envious of your buckle. Is that period-true?

Thanks.

The buckle is unfortunately a modern reissue.

oisin

Reaction score
so i too am in the market for a speedmaster pro, but i'm really gun-shy since this will be my first big watch purchase. I assume cylon saw this on TZ and decided to pass, so I'm wondering why? Not the best deal I've seen but seems decent. Maybe I'd rather get a newer one for $2,400-$2,500 with box and papers but these are not coming around as often as I thought, so I tempted to pick it up.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&th=1773461&start=0&rid=113515

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious question. Does anyone here own a watch from Roland G. Murphy, or have you ever handled one? Guy makes his own watches here in PA, wondering what level he plays on.

http://www.rgmwatches.com/

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Curious question. Does anyone here own a watch from Roland G. Murphy, or have you ever handled one? Guy makes his own watches here in PA, wondering what level he plays on.
http://www.rgmwatches.com/

From what I have seen, RGM watches are generally well regarded. Their base watches all use some sort of ETA variation, but their in-house stuff is intriguing. The logo really messes their watches up for me, in my most humble of opinions.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From what I have seen, RGM watches are generally well regarded. Their base watches all use some sort of ETA variation, but their in-house stuff is intriguing. The logo really messes their watches up for me, in my most humble of opinions.

would agree on the logo, kinda mehish, but i would love to see one in person.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

but a 1953 watch shouldn't look so good, should it?

I don't mind redials if you know what you are getting. For that reason it might be a bit high. I wouldn't buy the rolex. Saw a 1945 Brietling today on TZ that had me drooling though. $1800.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads