Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

+1

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

First, I definitely do agree with your first statement, I do think it is the best moonphase in that price range--with the GO PML and the BP Villeret Moonphase rounding out my top three in the 10K range. And the threats of violence still stand :D

3. kwiteaboy

kwiteaboy Senior member

My first automatic watch was a C-shape Constellation. Pardon the disgusting photo:

[​IMG]

4. apropos

apropos Senior member

Sorry, but that C-shape has been overpolished - the area around the bezel is meant to be brushed, not polished.

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Very nice kwiteaboy!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

6. kwiteaboy

kwiteaboy Senior member

I don't doubt it; few C-shapes have dauphine hands either, though it's unclear whether that was a post-production swap or something Omega did late in the run of this watch. I suspect the man I bought it from (or the man he bought it from) was not a serious collector and modified it as he saw fit. Nevertheless, I think it's a good-looking watch and I enjoy wearing it.

7. oisin

oisin Senior member

have you ever thought about putting a brown croco strap on it? I think it would look awesome. I was actually disappointed it comes with a black strap. But I wear brown much much more than black. I agree, strap should match(ish) shoes/belts. Interesting you find it a more suit watch. I certainly wouldn't call it sporty, but it seems like it would have some versatility (like it could work for business casual+).

8. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

bhall41: I'm thinking the El Primero can handle mid cognac, burgundy, dark brown (which I think is stock right?) really well plus all sorts of NATO, Bund, Raptor, Azodi etc fun straps to boot. The JLC MUT can handle black (stock), grey, navy. That's a really great range to cover with just 2 watches. You are really only missing a light honey brown. I remember gdl recommended a honey brown with the MUT, and oisin just now w brown (im assuming dark). I'll tell you my wife got me a midbrown/cognac strap for my bday and I returned it because I wasn't 100% about it--the black just looked better. I'm still thinking a dark brown would look good too, just havent gotten around to it.

As for the business casual question oisin raised, it may just come down to personal preference. I'd (want to) play around with a chunkier watch for business casual (GO senator observer/pano? [​IMG]) but I don't know why. I think it may have to do with the "ultra thinness" of the case coupled with the minimalism of the dial that lends itself to a really refined look. Could just be me though. I won't lie, I wear it with casual clothes but I still stand by what I say.

Cuttingboard: I did! I was actually about to pull the trigger on the GO senator at Finks in Tyson's 1, went over to Tysons 2 on a whim and there it was at Lillequist & Beckstead. In the store for 3 days. Bought it on the spot after a bit of a haggle of course [​IMG] If your office is going business casual..JLC Master series is still a good choice, but if youre looking for some pure scalability then you cant beat the submariner

9. dukerules

dukerules Well-Known Member

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for years, but finally decided to register, and maybe post a bit. I'm a big watch guy, but also enjoy my denim, shell cordovan, boots and such.

I'll start off with one of my favorites, and a workhorse in my collection:
    [​IMG]

10. dshap

dshap Active Member

Sup bro

11. stanford88

stanford88 Senior member

12. dukerules

dukerules Well-Known Member

What's up shap? Good to see you here.

13. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Jeez, I am lovin' that BP FF. Definitely one of my favorite divers. If only they made it in a more reasonable size, it would definitely be on my radar.

14. johnvw

johnvw Senior member

Quite a beauty!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.