Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

a nice omega, or even a rolex if you look hard enough. more likely DJ than sub tho. best of luck.

2. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I think I just found my new watch :)

3. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Holy mother of god, that's lovely.

4. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Thanks a lot for your kind words everybody. Best thing to wake up to :)

The official title is JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon 39. Still a bit hard to find at an AD (at least here in the US) I am sure you will get better luck in Singapore HK etc.

As oisin says I have a few pics in my gallery, but I will fiddle around with my camera this weekend. I'm not much of a photographer but I will do my best. Anything in particular you're looking for bhall41?

I've had it for 5 months now. It's a very elegant understated timepiece, but I'm sure the pics show that. Only 2 people have ever asked me about it. One, my cousin who is interested in watches; and two, a coworker who used to sit near me in our old building and saw watches on my screen all day--"oh is that what you finally decided on?" Otherwise it flies completely under the radar. if you want a watch that really stands out, then this is not the watch for you.

I was looking for just such a timeless/elegant piece to fit the bill as it was for my wedding (sorry for sounding like a broken record I think I've said most of this before), but I've also come to learn its "limitations". Not sporty and not really an every day watch (imo). Should be worn with a suit. Others say that your watch strap doesnt need to match your shoes, but it does bug me. So "brown" days, it sits in the drawer. In time, as my collection grows I'd like to reserve it for more special occasions. But at the same time, I've never regretted my decision to purchase it for the sake of another timepiece. Newcomer is fond of saying its the best moonphase in that price range. I certainly think so, but it really IS hard to beat its elegance from a $$$ standpoint. Sure PP, ALS have killer dress watches w complications, but they cost so much more--and thanks again Newcomer for your fine compliments (though he has threatened me w violence for it) [​IMG]

bhall41, your new zenith would be a perfect partner to it!

the speedy pro on the bund strap above is also awesome!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

5. Off My Rack

Off My Rack Senior member

I just googled that watch. I think you missed a $ or two

6. johnvw

johnvw Senior member

Thanks.

7. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Cylon - Did you find the Master Ultra Thin Moon at an AD in Tysons? I thought I was the only one who matched my watch band with my belt and shoes!! My office just went business casual so I'm trying to decide whether I want to buy a sportier watch or not? I still wear a sport coat sans tie when the temp is 60 degrees or below.

8. in stitches

just saw this on tumblr. i had never seen one before.

[​IMG]

9. Cuttingboard

I don't know...if it didn't have Rolex on the dial, I would have thought it was a Timex.

10. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

There are companies out there that desecrate Rolexes. There was one that used to have a banner on WUS but I don't go there much anymore.

11. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I think those are for people who want a Kobold... I'd say spend a lot less money on a DLCed watch if you are into that sort of thing.

12. in stitches

saw this on tumblr too.

[​IMG]

13. Cuttingboard

Nothing wrong with the Constellation, I have an Omega Deville at home that is very similar.

14. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A

15. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

Yes I agree that my El Primero (when it eventually arives) would pair with the JLC MUT Moon very nicely! I note your experience of your JLC being very much a dress watch, to be worn with a suit. That might be relevant to my next purchasing decision, as I also have the GO Panomatic Lunar in my sights. I wonder whether the the GO is a little bit more versatile than the JLC? Anyhow, I am mainly thinking aloud at this stage - probably won't make a purchasing decision for at least another 12 monthths.

Do you have any more wrist shots of your JLC? How big is your wrist?

Also really loving the Tudor Black Bay. Might have to purchase one of those in the future. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.