• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's more formal: leather strap or metal bracelet? I'm debating between the Citizen WR100 with a black leather strap or a steel bracelet.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/COC/Eng...CO-DRIVE WR100&ModelName=SAPPHIRE GLASS WR100

While, I consider a leather strap more formal, I always opt for the medal bracelet and buy a leather strap from one of the after-market manufacturers. An OEM & after-market medal bracelet is going to be more difficult to find and more expensive.

Last edited:

Cylon

Reaction score
1. Enough with the casuistry please. It's not impossible in the literal sense, its impossible in a practical one. Everyone happy?

2. Watch over the cuff is the Gianni Agnelli trademark. I'm not badass enough to pull it off.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I actually prefer the Master Ultra Thin Tourbillon, very simple and elegant.

great watch, and its priced very well for a tourbillon from a major manfacture. iirc they made it available in steel for the purpose of making a tourbillon available under 50K.

i would love to sit and talk watches with GDL some day.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Watch over the cuff is the Gianni Agnelli trademark. I'm not badass enough to pull it off.

lol, nor i. i also always get a kick when i see pics of the late nick hayek wearing up to 4 watches on EACH wrist.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

glashütte original thursdays..

what a beautiful watch. if you only wear it on thursdays id be glad to take it off your wrist for the remainder of the week.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2. Watch over the cuff is the Gianni Agnelli trademark. I'm not badass enough to pull it off.

No one other than Gianni Agnelli could pull off wearing a watch over the cuff.

Cylon

Reaction score
No one other than Gianni Agnelli could pull off wearing a watch over the cuff.

QFT
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually prefer the Master Ultra Thin Tourbillon, very simple and elegant.

ya this IS elegant... for 50K on this one I can save the other 150K and get a nice ride as well!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ya this IS elegant... for 50K on this one I can save the other 150K and get a nice ride as well!

the gold one is over 50K, closer to 75K iirc. ;)

edit - just checked, at full retail brand new the gold is now 77.5K and the steel is now 59.5K. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics