• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thread is fail. Lot's of ugly watch nut hugging and vintages out there. Gross

You are correct sir, ugly indeed... like this one....

Picked this watch up today. I'm getting old, so thought I may as well go for gold. I'm loving this GP:
2iuutm0.jpg

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rotide

Reaction score
you've gone and reignited my desire.

very nice
This is my new baby Damasko DA46 - picked it up from GnomonWatches when i was in singapore end of last year. Absolute beauty of a watch and i am very pleased with it
smile.gif

Enjoy

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cylon

Reaction score
Ok now in all seriousness...

Regarding Dino944's watches: The Cartier is absolutely beautiful. I am in love with the open caseback. A new one was released at SIHH, do you know the differences between the two? The VC is also beautiful, and the caseback again is striking. Not sure if I like the corners on the case of the VC(for myself), but nevertheless they do not take away from the overall beauty of the watch.

WarrenG: The submariner is a beautiful, classic watch. Period. While I prefer the slimmer lugs on the 5513 or the 14060 and no date (to me it maintains a sense of symmetry), I think it all depends on the size of your wrist. I have smaller wrists and like to have a slim profile watch that fits under the cuff of my shirt. To each his own though. Congrats to you on your new purchase!!

Kid Nickels: With Omega, I would consider vintage omegas with very minimalist features--just a raised omega logo and perhaps "automatic" underneath. Not a fan of the font of the seamaster on those vintages. Let me see if I can dig up a picture...

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do you really think this one is ugly?

well I much prefer GP's more classic refined styling like those posted previously... especially some from the 1945 Collection. Some of these newer versions seem so be trying to walk the line b/t the classic/elegant style and the updated/trendier style ... and IMO fail. I really do not like the look or placement of the date (calendar?) window and it's just lacking the refined style I appreciate of GP's such as those mentioned and pictured. So in short yes.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this IWC Portofino in real life. Dial is a bit large, but beautiful. I want. Only if I had an extra $18K laying around.

portifino.jpg

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ how big is the dial on that IWC? Is that a 45? I saw one a few weeks back and just thought "damn, they're growing!" seems like they keep getting bigger and bigger... maybe I need to get fatter and fatter! :lol: it's certainly nice looking tho'!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads