• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaygatsby28

Reaction score

Finally after 10 months of waiting I received word from Dornbluth that my 99.1 was completed. Any suggestions on strap color? Below is the watch face and the strap options. I have also posted more detailed pictures of the insides of the watch underneath the spoiler tags. I am leaning towards the middle strap or the second in from the left.
P1040718.jpg

leatherband2.jpg

P1040717.jpg

P1040666.jpg

P1040640.jpg

Love Dornbluth, seriously considering putting in an order for the 99.3 or 99.4 in stainless steel. I'd go with second strap from left. Also, not crazy about the white stitching on the strap.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows of a reliable watch service that can work on a Martin Braun watch please PM me. Thanks.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Picked this watch up today. I'm getting old, so thought I may as well go for gold. I'm loving this GP:

2iuutm0.jpg

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love Dornbluth, seriously considering putting in an order for the 99.3 or 99.4 in stainless steel. I'd go with second strap from left. Also, not crazy about the white stitching on the strap.

Agreed on the straps, I went back through the pictures from Dirk and realized that I could also get any of those straps without the contrasting stitching. I went with the second from the left without the contrast stitching. If I had a little more $$$, I probably would have gone with the 99.2, I find the dial on the 99.3 a bit cluttered for my taste.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful.

Did he include chocolates?

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is absolutely beautiful. Wear it in good health! How does it fit under shirt cuffs, if you don't mind me askin :)

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Post some more pics when you have the chance.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might find a replacement bracelet for an old JLC Memovox? I've inherited my grandfather's JLC but it only has a strap and I'd prefer a bracelet. Thanks.

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might find a replacement bracelet for an old JLC Memovox? I've inherited my grandfather's JLC but it only has a strap and I'd prefer a bracelet. Thanks.

The first place I would look is JLC and see if they have any NOS bracelets around. If that fails your next best option is vintage watch shops.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The first place I would look is JLC and see if they have any NOS bracelets around. If that fails your next best option is vintage watch shops.

Doesn't have to be an original even. Just something that fits and looks good.

Islander

Reaction score
I am not really a watch guy, but I bought my first decent watch this week.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
very nice. And that is a big rig, in the realm of Sinns.

Islander

Reaction score
Actually I like it because it is *only* 40mm... but I assume you aren't talking about dimensions?

:lol:

EDIT: that's your cuff, BTW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads