• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First up is my Frederique Constant. The Big Date / Dual Time from 2008

Second in my rotation is the Stowa Marine Automatic from 2011

Not shown are the Omega Seamaster Pro 2531.80 and a Tag Heuer Aquaracer

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

5512 on cordovan NATO

Unlike other members' experiences, the strap fits nicely on my wrist, and I do not have to fight to get it through the case and the springbars.

I used to like the 'idea' of it, but after seeing some examples IRL, IMO cordovan NATOs are a poor combination.

Cordovan as-is is simply too thick and inflexible to function well as a NATO, and often ends up... well, looking like your example. I also am uncomfortable with the often silly markups any accessory marked 'cordovan' attracts - e.g. 3x cordovan straps costs the same as a pair of cordovan shoes.

Last edited:

bhall41

Reaction score

I used to like the 'idea' of it, but after seeing some examples IRL, IMO cordovan NATOs are a poor combination.
Cordovan as-is is simply too thick and inflexible to function well as a NATO, and often ends up... well, looking like your example. I also am uncomfortable with the often silly markups any accessory marked 'cordovan' attracts - e.g. 3x cordovan straps costs the same as a pair of cordovan shoes.

Yes I tend to agree with you. I purchased a cordovan NATO for my Sub as an experiment but found it too thick. I prefer the bracelet or a nylon NATO.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really? Interesting. I guess the price on Watchbuys is significantly more expensive. I am guessing you went through Dirk & Dieter themselves?

Correct, as long as you can stomach the wait, I think working with Dirk directly is the way to go

Beautiful watch, love the navy face. Is the 2nd strap for the right grey?charcoal? Where did you find the straps?

The straps are from Dornbluth. There is actually a second picture that has each of the straps without the contrasting stitching. I ended up going with the strap second from the left without the contrast stitching, the white stitching didnt seem to jive with the blue dial IMO.

junior varsity

Reaction score

junior varsity

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads