1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

I found a second watch I really liked, maybe will take this instead of the Cartier Santos.

IWC Da Vinci Automatic Brown Dial Croco Strap,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Always liked the Da Vinci the grey dial chrono version is gorgeous.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

[​IMG]

4. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Soon with many GG shoes :)!

5. JonathanCWalker

JonathanCWalker Senior member

[​IMG]

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

there must be a watch out there for you. :(

i like the IWC brand better, but i think i like the look of the santos more.

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I found this (actually similar to)1902 Elgin pocket watch today in an antique shop. The inside and face was absolutely pristine. The outside case work was not quite as ornate but similar in style. Obviously this is way outside what we usually post and I haven't worn one in years, but it was just a beautiful piece and it really captivated me. Still working over 100 years later... just though it was cool and some may be interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

um.. ya... whaaa :uhoh:

9. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Yeah I know, damn.. It's maybe better to try them out and see which one that fits my arm. Since i'm a slim-fit guy [​IMG]
    I really like AP and Hublot watches but they get so big on my arm... hate them now [​IMG] There is one smaller model then Santos 100 XL, right?

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Hublot has 38mm watches and AP RO is 39mm, which is considered small by today's standards.

The Santos XL is 43 and the Da Vinci is 46mm, so it could be your eye is cheating you, do to the bulkiness of the AP and Hublot design.

11. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

But i'm thinking now are there a santos without the ''XL''? a smaller model?

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

There is otherwise the XL would just be the Santos. ;)

13. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

There is the problem you have solved the case. I might have tried on the normal Santos in the store that really was not that big on me? It went perfect with my arm. Because it was not that big as you describe it, I see Santos XL on the webb and it looks pretty much the same in my eyes that's why. So the Da Vinici is really big in real life?

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Go try it on, it may not look as big on the wrist, but 46mm is big.

15. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

That's pretty big the Hublot I tried on was like 41 mm if I remembered correct now. But the shape of AP and Hublot get's crazy on me so ''clumsy'' and fat. Best watches tho.

Do you know what I mean? They both are big, but I think the Santos goes in a nicer way, maybe because it's square.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The Davinci is curved if I remember correctly, so it may look smaller on the wrist.

Yeah Big Bangs are very bulky in the design, it being black doesn't help, I don't think RO's are that bad.

If you like the RO have look at Vacheron Constantin Overseas, it's the same movement in a different package.

17. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

^^ the santos looks good there ^^

defo try on a watch before buying. its a must.

18. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Of course man, they must look good on me, because when I die you will get them [​IMG]?
    Don't be shocked if a lawyer calls you and ask ''are you stitches from styleforum?'' Sir F has left you a watch...

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The one next to ABCD had a DaVinici in the window last time I walked past.

Klarlund is the only shop in Copenhagen who sells VC, the watch/bottega/LV corner of strøget is a terrible place.

20. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Yes Bernhard HUKE? That's one of them. Then you have the Rolex store few meters away but they dont sell those brands. Cartier, Rolex, Bulgari that's pretty much it. You have the standard collection here, but if you want expensive watches as Hublot, AP and those kind of brands Copenhagen is the only way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.