• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reinhard00

Reaction score
A few users on here talking about the price of watches these days.

I have found that Vostok watches are reasonably priced and a decent alternative to spending so much money. Since the fall of the Soviet Union the company has really come out with some nice stuff.

bhall41

Reaction score
My Grand Seiko today (SGBR051)

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few users on here talking about the price of watches these days.

I have found that Vostok watches are reasonably priced and a decent alternative to spending so much money. Since the fall of the Soviet Union the company has really come out with some nice stuff.
If you're talking about Vostok Europe, I believe the movements are Russian but the watches are actually built in Lithuania. I actually have the VE Gaz-14 GMT, its a pretty watch (MASSIVE on the wrist compared to what I normally wear), but for some reason the hour hand slipped and is now always 30 mins behind the actual time. I took it to a local shop and they couldnt figure out how to get to the face to fix it, so until I find some place that can fix it I don't wear it much anymore.

Reinhard00

Reaction score
If you're talking about Vostok Europe, I believe the movements are Russian but the watches are actually built in Lithuania. I actually have the VE Gaz-14 GMT, its a pretty watch (MASSIVE on the wrist compared to what I normally wear), but for some reason the hour hand slipped and is now always 30 mins behind the actual time. I took it to a local shop and they couldnt figure out how to get to the face to fix it, so until I find some place that can fix it I don't wear it much anymore.

They are different companies.Vostok Europe is owned by the Koliz Company. The real Vostok company supplies internal parts to the Koliz Company to make Vostok Europe watches.

junior varsity

Reaction score

They don't make it easy do they? These were OEM sold out the back door from a dealer never to be named off of a serviced 232. (The minute hand has some scratches on it.)

My contribution for the day:
110908-3.jpg

nice bmw key :embar:

mylesmyles

Reaction score

Beautiful, what model PAM is that? [Image] [/Image]
It's an 88, was beyond thrilled when I opened the box, truly had no idea she was getting it for me.

Last edited:

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thought id post a couple pics here...
this is my newest in ye olde stable... panerai radiomir 232
8a97676c.jpg

my daily...GMT IIc...(and harvey)
0aec56ed.jpg

heres my wife's panerai 49...
4a99be7c.jpg

also have a couple IWCs that ill have to get some decent pics of.
Great Nato strap.

junior varsity

Reaction score
why are panerais so popular? i've always wondered this question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads