Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Another beauty, Kapp [​IMG]

2. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

Another beauty, Kapp [​IMG]

Thank you [​IMG]

3. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

I know this has not place here with these fine watches, but I figured it was a pretty cool picture at least.

[​IMG]

Seiko 5 and the eye daunting arm hair, I'm not sure which one is worse.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I know this has not place here with these fine watches, but I figured it was a pretty cool picture at least. [​IMG]
    on the contrary, that is a fine underappreciated watch! good choice!

5. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

oh gosh these so called NATO straps are so cheapy looking, SF'er should know better than to wear a watch strap just because some lame actor in a some spy movie decided to wear one on-screen. If he wore a watch strap made out of dirty toilet paper you guys would be wearing it too. I am so glad only like 0.00000001% of the population of watch wearers actually wear a NATO strap, glad you guys are the minority, so you are not lowering the standards of watch wearers.

[​IMG]

6. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

oh gosh these so called NATO straps are so cheapy looking, SF'er should know better than to wear a watch strap just because some lame actor in a some spy movie decided to wear one on-screen. If he wore a watch strap made out of dirty toilet paper you guys would be wearing it too. I am so glad only like 0.00000001% of the population of watch wearers actually wear a NATO strap, glad you guys are the minority, so you are not lowering the standards of watch wearers.

I will assume you are not trolling...

IMO Nato straps look great on 'tool' watches, even (or especially) on expensive vintages ones, such as a Sub 5512 or 5513. Nato straps have been worn on such watches for decades, in case you didn't realise - it's not some recent fad, or the result of people watching too many James Bond movies, as you insinuate.

You don't like Nato straps. fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't get all huffy about it - it just makes you look foolish.

7. guest

guest Senior member

i feel natos are the most comfy way to wear a watch. i've been wearing a seiko 5 like the one above on a bond strap with the olive and red. leather stinks and bracelets are blingy.

8. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

personally i find the nato the most comfortable way to wear a large-ish watch such as a speedmaster. i think it looks pretty cool too.
    seiko 5 above is great, i need to get one of those.

9. apropos

apropos Senior member

I don't know guys, NATO straps have never done it for me, despite my attempts. [​IMG] Something just doesn't gel for me, and I think it's the IMO incongruous combination of a 2-3mm thick strap and a hunk of steel/glass nearly a cm thick. And usually the pencil-wristed have to fold the extra length of strap and tuck it back under the band, which IMO looks ridiculous. And the usual 'James Bond wore it' response which I guess is meant to be a self-evident justification is pretty damned lame IMO: he also looked like a million bucks, knew how to strip a gun blindfolded, and banged a hottie every night - what about you? If you think it looks nice say so, don't try to parlay your homage to a fictional guy into a legitimate reason. [​IMG]

10. Singular

Singular Senior member

he also looked like a million bucks, knew how to strip a gun blindfolded, and banged a hottie every night

So do I...

(does that make me qualified to not only wear but also possess with the intent to distribute...?)

/M

11. JoergMD

JoergMD Senior member

[​IMG]

Explorer with grey Cordura on a casual friday

12. stinsonbass

stinsonbass Senior member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gold & black crocodile leather strap. From the Longines series "Les Grandes Classiques de Longines"

13. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

on the contrary, that is a fine underappreciated watch! good choice!

lol. For under $100, choices are limited to begin with, Seiko 5s are OKAY, not fine in my opinion.

14. Singular

Singular Senior member

15. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.