The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Nice. I've got a Malvern Aviator that sitting in my drawer that I need to sell off. Its a great piece. Too bad because I never wear the damn thing.

2. venessian

venessian Senior member

3. Garbage Mouth

Garbage Mouth Senior member

Certainly! [​IMG] 3.3 mil serial, so approx 1971-72.

[​IMG]

The best part about it is how clean it is for a 40 year old watch. Great find.

4. totenhosen

totenhosen Active Member

<snip>

Not sure if your tastes go to old Omega's but I saw many vintage ladies ones when I was looking for mens..

5. Singular

Singular Senior member

Today, a brown budget build;

[​IMG]

/M

6. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

7. Raven

Raven Active Member

Not sure if your tastes go to old Omega's but I saw many vintage ladies ones when I was looking for mens..

I'm afraid I'm still too much of a novice to know what I should look for in a vintage watch...

I've seen a number of vintage watches on this thread, and I still haven't really picked up on how some vintages would be more appealing than their modern counterpart.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Raven, why do you need to have an in-house movement?

I just got a JLC Master Control ultra thin and it actually meets all your criteria, 34mm, in-house movement, higher quality than the IWC's in the same kinda price range, etc, etc, and it was much less than you'd expect. It'd work well as a women's watch (I have very thin wrists)

9. Raven

Raven Active Member

Raven, why do you need to have an in-house movement? I just got a JLC Master Control ultra thin and it actually meets all your criteria, 34mm, in-house movement, higher quality than the IWC's in the same kinda price range, etc, etc, and it was much less than you'd expect. It'd work well as a women's watch (I have very thin wrists)
    It doesn't have to be in-house, that would just be a nice thing to have. Obviously a lot of watches like IWC in my price range wouldn't be in-house... but definitely if it meets my other criteria, that'd be a great fit. That sounds perfect! Which JLC Master Control model and how much?

10. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

The JLC Ultra thins are near perfect dress watches.

Regards.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

It doesn't have to be in-house, that would just be a nice thing to have. Obviously a lot of watches like IWC in my price range wouldn't be in-house... but definitely if it meets my other criteria, that'd be a great fit.

That sounds perfect! Which JLC Master Control model and how much?

I bought this used, but I have the bill from the overhaul done at JLC Japan and it cost $750+ to do a service on it. =\\ Considering the price of the watch, it's not particularly worth it, but yeah, it's a nice watch, but that's what you're looking at to have a proprietary movement like that. It's the Master Control Ultra Thin, and it's just that, ultra thin. It's actually not an automatic, it's handwind, but since I will not wear it too often, that doesn't really bother me much. I have a Sinn 356 I wear daily.

12. dominique

dominique New Member

hi,

do you know some models of interesting watches for women?

13. nytek

nytek Well-Known Member

Just bought these two vintage Omegas to start my collection - one more formal and one a little casual.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Consider purchasing the one below as well to add the gold color, but I'm guessing it's better to mix it up with some other brands when starting a collection. It's just that the vintage Omegas seem to be such a great value and are really beautiful. Look at the picture below - what would you do?

[​IMG]

Should I buy or consider something else in the <$2K price range?

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Where did you get those two? I hardly ever see vintage Omegas in such great shape.

15. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

Where did you get those two? I hardly ever see vintage Omegas in such great shape.

Be very careful....there is a reason true vintage ......looks vintage.[​IMG]

http://shop.ebay.com/timescube/m.html

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.