1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Distinguished Member

yay or nay guys? discuss
    [​IMG]

I love this. The lines are clean and classic, and the moonphase is my favorite complication from an aesthetic perspective. The hour markers work well, and despite what others may say 37mm is in the sweet spot for timeless proportions.

The only adjustment I would have made would be to place the seconds hand within the moonphase aperture, but as is this is certainly a handsome timepiece.

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Distinguished Member

Interesting, thought the case size was 39mm? Yeah I agree, I really like it. The watch looks very elegant and the size doesn't bother me at all. I use to think most Pateks were too small, but after trying them on a few time, I'm glad they make most of their watches under 40mm.

3. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Distinguished Member

despite what others may say 37mm is in the sweet spot for timeless proportions.

Isn't the Richard Lange PLM in your avatar a 40mm? [​IMG]

All kidding aside, 40mm is ideal for me. YMMV based on wrist size, personal preference etc.

4. medtech_expat

Isn't the Richard Lange PLM in your avatar a 40mm? [​IMG]

All kidding aside, 40mm is ideal for me. YMMV based on wrist size, personal preference etc.

Ha ha.... the Richard Lange PLM is - and will continue to remain - only in my avatar, barring an IPO for a company I have yet to found or lottery winnings from a ticket I refuse to buy. Case dimension is actually 41.9mm.

5. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Distinguished Member

Case dimension is actually 41.9mm.

[​IMG] I know the feeling. I didn't know it was bigger than the regular RL. I have my eye on the Daymatic in RG - much more modest of a grail!

6. Warren G.

Warren G. Distinguished Member

I would settle for a Platinum RL ;P

7. medtech_expat

[​IMG] I know the feeling. I didn't know it was bigger than the regular RL. I have my eye on the Daymatic in RG - much more modest of a grail!
    My bad - the RL PLM is 40.5mm, must have confused it with the L1 timezone at 41.9mm. [​IMG] I strapped on the Daymatic in Milan a few months ago. Very handsome, but I've developed a preference for manual winds over the years so the L1 for me remains the iconic Lange.

8. Kappelan

Kappelan Distinguished Member

very nice ^

Beautiful watches, as always, Kapp.

Thanks a lot guys [​IMG]

9. Kappelan

Kappelan Distinguished Member

yay or nay guys? discuss
    [​IMG]

Very nice watch but too remind me Girard-Perregaux

[​IMG]

10. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

I love this. The lines are clean and classic, and the moonphase is my favorite complication from an aesthetic perspective. The hour markers work well, and despite what others may say 37mm is in the sweet spot for timeless proportions. The only adjustment I would have made would be to place the seconds hand within the moonphase aperture, but as is this is certainly a handsome timepiece.
    +1 on all this. I'm not a fan of gold whatsoever but this thing caught even my eye. If it came with roman numerals (and an IV instead of a IIII) I think I'd cum in my pants.

11. TheWraith

TheWraith Distinguished Member

Big yay, Warren.

12. Swededude

Swededude Senior Member

Yay on the JLC, moonphase is my favourite complication. And 36-38mm is my preferred size for a dress watch, so 37 would be ideally.

13. Metlin

Metlin Distinguished Member

+1 on all this. I'm not a fan of gold whatsoever but this thing caught even my eye. If it came with roman numerals (and an IV instead of a IIII) I think I'd cum in my pants.

Quite difficult to find in most good dress watches, from what I've seen. The ones that did have it looked a little unbalanced with the VIII across the dial.

14. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I like that JLC moonphase but something about the proportions of the bezel and markers (both very slightly too thick) bothers me a little.

15. NOLA1

NOLA1 Senior Member

yay or nay guys? discuss
    [​IMG]

What is the name of this watch? I can't find it anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.