• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singular

Reaction score
Grey day in my office:

98734449.jpg

/M

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ginlimetonic;3816159 said:
My new additions: PAM111, Seagull 1963 reissue

Have the PAM111, my only manual wind. Love that watch. Sporting a classic Millie Miglia with Dunlop tire band, and silver turned face.

intensanity

Reaction score
Sorry for the beginner questions again, but any idea where to get the best leather straps? As well as a trusting place to fix up my watch?

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG00601-20101123-1249.jpg

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
recordwatch.jpg

Vintage Record Geneve...dont know much about this brand except that they were bought by Longines in the 60's or 70's I believe. An ebay score from last year...listed as being from the 30's-40's. Not sure if that's accurate or not...but I was looking for a nice looking vintage manual wind watch and this fit the bill.

Fred H.

Reaction score
PLEASE no smacking me around... But, LOOK at THIS new product over on KickStarter. Certainly NOT high fashion, but cool nonetheless:
LunaTik_Exploded.jpg
Not the best photo. Watch the video! SEE: LunaTik Watch The iPod Nano just snaps in. He's got 4,000 + backers and has ALREADY raised more than $300K. Wow!

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intensanity
Sorry for the beginner questions again, but any idea where to get the best leather straps? As well as a trusting place to fix up my watch?

Try Ann Fox for great leather bands on eBay. Her handle is: FoxBands

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intensanity

I've bought about a dozen bands from James Rust, of Rustwatch. The merchandise has been first rate, the prices a bargain, and Mr. Rust has been a pleasure to deal with.

Most of them have been crocodile or alligator from the Hirsch Artisanal line. I also bought a Tiffany-branded lizard band.

Here's a link to his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Rustwatch

He also sells pretty much the same merchandise on Blujay, for a few dollars less than his eBay prices. I wasn't familiar with Blujay before, but the buying process works well (with payment via PayPal). Here's a link to his Blujay store: http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&...name=rustwatch

NonServiam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yika
Model number 116509 white gold silver dial Rolex Daytona ?
Not quite
wink.gif
You'll see that the tachy bezels are slightly different. This is the steel 116520, with the lovely panda dial from the white gold Daytona. The dials are interchangable, but such nonsense is frowned upon by Rolex. Which I fortunately don't care about, since the watch belongs to me and not Rolex
wink.gif
I reserve piety for my vintage pieces. Of course I kept the original dial, if I feel like changing back.
Klokkebilder361.jpg

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred H.
PLEASE no smacking me around... But, LOOK at THIS new product over on KickStarter. Certainly NOT high fashion, but cool nonetheless:

LunaTik_Exploded.jpg

Not the best photo. Watch the video!

SEE: LunaTik Watch

The iPod Nano just snaps in. He's got 4,000 + backers and has ALREADY raised more than $300K. Wow!

That is actually kinda cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads