• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The 111 is a great watch. In my opinion, you buy it and never feel want for another Panerai.

vbuskirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
The 111 is a great watch. In my opinion, you buy it and never feel want for another Panerai.

Except for the 24 (or 25).
lol8[1].gif

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, that was my rationale exactly when I purchased the watch. To me, the 111 is one of the best modern representations of the Panerai heritage without being a reproduction. So far, it has worked, my Panerai itch seems to have subsided.

smruss

Reaction score
Anyone have a cartier tank louis? I think vox has one but cant find any pics. I would love to see some from actual owners.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ironically, the 001 was the watch that gave me the pam bug.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PAM has been growing on me for the past few months. I gotta stop looking at the sale corner/showcase..yikes.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Nice Pam. I don' t like the aftermarket strap though. Although its not very "panerai", i'm looking for a dark brown Aligator strap with deployment which i think goes well with stainless steel case.. Panerai's straps/buckles are expensive...

I just got a M series PAM111 last week.

What are your thoughts as a dress watch for
IW5001 (lets say, portugese automatic white dial, gold hands)
IW5454 (portuguese manual, white dial, black seconds subdial at 6pm position)

Thanks,

Alcoholic Drink

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
87906667.jpg

I used to hate the RO. It's appeal just totally boggled me. But more and more over the years I feel like I need to get one some day.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
Nice Pam. I don' t like the aftermarket strap though. Although its not very "panerai", i'm looking for a dark brown Aligator strap with deployment which i think goes well with stainless steel case.. Panerai's straps/buckles are expensive...

I just got a M series PAM111 last week.

What are your thoughts as a dress watch for
IW5001 (lets say, portugese automatic white dial, gold hands)
IW5454 (portuguese manual, white dial, black seconds subdial at 6pm position)

Thanks,

Alcoholic Drink

A dressy alligator strap would look desperately out of place on a large hunk of metal designed for navy frogmen. I have yet to see a dressed-up Luminor case done well. But that's just my two cents worth...

vbuskirk

Reaction score
The OP straps are laughably expensive, but they are well done. I don't regret these two:

Panerai-and-Rolex.jpg

PAM_112_odd3.jpg

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
PAM has been growing on me for the past few months. I gotta stop looking at the sale corner/showcase..yikes.

That's what happened to me - I was looking for a diver to replace one I sold and kept coming back to the PAM until I bought one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads