1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginlimetonic

ginlimetonic Senior Member

I humbly submit my extremely modest contribution... please do not snicker.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It appears Mr American wants to give the impression, he is looking at his watch, and his lovely companion (Japanese girl) is standing in front.

2. tchoy

tchoy Distinguished Member

Happy 10th Birthday Paneristi!

[​IMG]

You have some very nice looking straps Gaz.

3. 518aata

518aata Distinguished Member

Late to the party.

My first automatic (present from my wife). Temporary black strap until I find something nicer. Any feedback on Hirsch?

I've bought a bunch of the Hirsch Artisanal line in both crocodile and alligator. They're well made and they wear well. I bought them from Rustwatch (James Rust), who has a Blujay store and also sells on eBay. He's very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

Here's a link to his Blujay store: http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&...name=rustwatch

4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loking good, Gaz.

5. dunkin

dunkin Senior Member

I have a few.

[​IMG]

What model Ball is that? its a beaut!! Thanks

6. vbuskirk

vbuskirk Senior Member

That's a "Night Train".

7. ocsine

ocsine Member

Junghans Chronoscope, designed by Max Bill: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    +1 Junghans: simple, classy and has garnered more compliments than any other watch I have ever owned. It also keeps excellent time for a mechanical movement. [​IMG]

8. canstyleace

canstyleace Distinguished Member

Wow, I'm usually in the SW&D side and rarely came across any mention of watches, anyway some of mine to share, more to come later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jtoddaz

jtoddaz Senior Member

Wow I didnt know some paneristi hanged out in sf, I'm usually in the SW&D side and rarely came across any mention of pams prior, I used to be part of the community before I moved to Canada and havent been back to the site in years, probably lost touch with the risti crowd since the last gtg in vegas '05, anyway some of mine to share, more to come later (I need to take pics of my 026)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweet. I have my first PAM on the way. 005, baby!!![​IMG]

10. Singular

Singular Senior Member

11. yodawg

yodawg Senior Member

What model Ball is that? its a beaut!! Thanks

it's a fireman night train...

12. jaoben

jaoben Member

13. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sweet, i didn't think you were into black watches?;-)

14. gazman70k

gazman70k Distinguished Member

sweet, i didn't think you were into black watches?;-)

I do have the odd black watch or three. But this one is special.

http://www.panerai.com/s_news_eve.xp...mode=view_news

Luminor for Paneristi's Anniversary

Ten years have gone by since the launch of the website www.paneristi.com and in that time, the Panerai watch enthusiasts who exchange information, comments and stories on the site forum have grown from just a few dozen to several thousand from all over the world. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of this story of extraordinary passion, Officine Panerai presents a new Special Edition watch dedicated to the "Paneristi" and made at their request - the Luminor for Paneristi's Anniversary.

The new Luminor for Paneristi's Anniversary, designed by Officine Panerai and bearing in mind the guidelines and preferences expressed by the community of "Paneristi", comes with a 44 mm Luminor case, distinguished by the classic crown-protecting bridge device, making the watch water resistant up to 30 atmospheres (approximately 300 m in depth).

The case, bezel, bridge and crown are coated in DLC, as is the buckle that closes the strap in antiqued leather. The watch is personalised by the steel caseback, which bears the engraved inscription Paneristi.com, and Tenth Anniversary.

Standing out on the black dial are the classic numerals and large index markers so typical of Panerai, made in a special ecru SuperLumiNovaÂ[​IMG] - which also coats the hands - adding to the watch's vintage look. "Luminor Panerai" and the OP logo are engraved in white. The movement of the Luminor Logo DLC - 44mm is the hand-wound OP I calibre.

The Luminor for Paneristi's Anniversary was launched on the Paneristi forum on 1st July 2010 and the same medium was used to provide instructions for ordering the watch. The 300 pieces produced sold out in the few minutes following the publication of the relative post.

* Officine Panerai is not the owner of the trademark Super LumiNovaÂ[​IMG]

15. Kaplan

Kaplan Distinguished Member

Gazman, nice catch on the 360. Of course, the strap it comes on looks really crappy - can I help you get rid of it? [​IMG]

Or - assuming it can be ordered separately - do you know the strap's #?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.