Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dokelroth

dokelroth Senior member

Those outside of the fashion industry call anyone who is "into fashion" or "wearing crazy clothing" as being a fashionista.

Those inside of the fashion industry view the term "fashionista" as being more equated to a label whore or someone who tries (well, some might actually live it) to portray a lifestyle of luxury/glamour/taste. Think the FIT student who runs around with a monogram Gucci tote, Dior aviators and runs around to the main designer boutiques to buy a tshirt or sneakers here and there. Their myspace or AIM name will probably have the word "couture" in it.

Please tell me that you wrote this to be ironic, fashionista boy.

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

How much? Just curious...

$1500-2000 retail if I remember correctly.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Sometimes less if you had the right connections. Zenith prices shot up overnight (well not really) when they were taken brought to the "˜global' marketplace.

Jon.

4. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

This makes me cry a little. Zenith is one of my favorite brands. How long ago were these prices?

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Uhhh 6'2" 180 not really hairy, not a bear, not even a cub or an otter or a wolf.

You like it, the lamb, then?

[​IMG]

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This makes me cry a little. Zenith is one of my favorite brands. How long ago were these prices?

Before 1999

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Those outside of the fashion industry call anyone who is "into fashion" or "wearing crazy clothing" as being a fashionista.

Those inside of the fashion industry view the term "fashionista" as being more equated to a label whore or someone who tries (well, some might actually live it) to portray a lifestyle of luxury/glamour/taste. Think the FIT student who runs around with a monogram Gucci tote, Dior aviators and runs around to the main designer boutiques to buy a tshirt or sneakers here and there. Their myspace or AIM name will probably have the word "couture" in it.

Indeed, my understanding of the term was that of the latter explanation, not the former. Why do you care what anyone else thinks about your style of dress? As long as you are happy with it, that's all that matters.

Jon.

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Please tell me that you wrote this to be ironic, fashionista boy.

How so?

Indeed, my understanding of the term was that of the latter explanation, not the former. Why do you care what anyone else thinks about your style of dress? As long as you are happy with it, that's all that matters.

Jon.

There is a different between caring what someone thinks about how you dress and correcting someone when they label you as a term that you do not like (fashionista is morethan just a style of dress; but, also a sad mentality).

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

There is a different between caring what someone thinks about how you dress and correcting someone when they label you as a term that you do not like (fashionista is morethan just a style of dress; but, also a sad mentality).

I see where you are coming from, but it all depends how the other person defines the terms of "˜fashionista' and whether you care or not if they call you that.

It's like TB, just because I don't like the style, it doesn't mean you will stop wearing it, or that you even care what I think about the style.

Jon.

10. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

The irony in this post has given me a headache.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Those Dior watches should be responded to with "Eww gross" in a Cartman voice.

12. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Those Dior watches should be responded to with "Eww gross" in a Cartman voice.
    Please don't let on you watch South Park. It spoils your mythos.

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Please don't let on you watch South Park. It spoils your mythos.

It's Post Modernist. South Park on a '50s TV with a zebra skin strewn on the set.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Uhhh 6'2" 180 not really hairy, not a bear, not even a cub or an otter or a wolf.
    I didn't realize you were a furry.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Am I a bad man or just into some kinky shit? I really, really want this. [​IMG] 1/4 diamond bezel? [​IMG]
    Kinky is not this. Kinky is not pre-packaged logo dross with a Red Spot; but it is Shit. Kinky is being whipped with a pleated snakeskin whip in a '70s Mercedes and being watched by women in YSL Le Smokings and monocles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.