1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

[​IMG]

/M

Love it [​IMG]

2. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

[​IMG]

nice bezel. LET'S SEE THE REST!!![​IMG]

3. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

That's a good friend [​IMG]

Nice Seiko there, Metlin.

Thanks, guys. And maybe I'll get a better strap this time around. [​IMG]

4. clubbyjones

clubbyjones Senior member

Did what I said I was going to do a few days ago: sold the Green Ceramic and bought the black ceramic today. Gonna get rid of the Breitling for Bentley and just keep this one and the plain Oyster perpetual. I have to say, the shiny Ceramic bezel and large maxi dial are fantastic. I haven't had this much instant wrist satisfaction in a long time. [​IMG]

5. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

that's nice- the green would eventually come to annoy me too.
    would like to see a better pic of your oyster perpetual, havent seen one with that kind of bezel before.

6. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Nice Rolex there, clubby.

7. jkirk

jkirk Member

Looks great indeed.

8. vbuskirk

vbuskirk Senior member

Awesome SubC.

Pajamas and Crazy Horse for me this evening.
    [​IMG]

9. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

I recently saw the Sub blk C & opted for a 1969 1680 as I just can't get my head around how Rolex went bling from early 80s, especially the white gold around the markers..

But I did like the Sub black C..

[​IMG]

10. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

[​IMG]

/M

GORGEOUS

11. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

I recently saw the Sub blk C & opted for a 1969 1680 as I just can't get my head around how Rolex went bling from early 80s
    They went with the trend, which is what they have been doing again the last few years (making everything bigger). They are doing it in a less straightforward way, with lug/bezel/bracelet changes, but still trending nonetheless. Let's be real, the vast majority of today's Sub wearers would never take their watch in the ocean, Rolex knows this and consequently has no qualms about making it less of a dive watch, they have been moving in that direction for as you say decades. The new DateJust is a good example- they blinged it too much. It is no longer as versatile, a real shame.

12. nurktwin

nurktwin Senior member

They went with the trend, which is what they have been doing again the last few years (making everything bigger). They are doing it in a less straightforward way, with lug/bezel/bracelet changes, but still trending nonetheless. Let's be real, the vast majority of today's Sub wearers would never take their watch in the ocean, Rolex knows this and consequently has no qualms about making it less of a dive watch, they have been moving in that direction for as you say decades. The new DateJust is a good example- they blinged it too much. It is no longer as versatile, a real shame.
    Rolex essentially feminized the Submariner with the white gold hour surrounds. They have been moving more and more to a cheesy bling strategy with their former Sport watch line up. Polished center links on the new GMT Master. WTF is Rolex thinking? Annual price hikes far exceeding the cost of inflation designed to boost perceived value and justify higher cost. Fatter lugs designed to look more modern. Modern day Rolex has lost its way. Why did they have to soil and undermine their own classic Sports watch line? They had plenty of bling oriented watches to cater to the bling crowd and didn't need to destroy their Sports line.

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

[​IMG]

/M

This is so awesome. Sinn makes exquisite watches, so simple and yet captivating.

14. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I recently saw the Sub blk C & opted for a 1969 1680 as I just can't get my head around how Rolex went bling from early 80s, especially the white gold around the markers..

But I did like the Sub black C..

Nice watch, ugly bracelet.

15. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Although I love the way the ceramaic bezel pops, I hate the fluting. Love the old fluting on the older sub bezels. Much sleeker, IMO. Also, I am probably in the minority but I kind of like the blocky cases of the today's submariner.

16. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

Awesome SubC.

Pajamas and Crazy Horse for me this evening.
    [​IMG]

Very cool strap holder. It is custom made?

17. atila

atila Senior member

it looks pretty standard to me.

18. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

Really enjoying this -
    Portuguese ref. 5000 Ltd.

[​IMG]

19. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

nice bezel. LET'S SEE THE REST!!![​IMG]
    Sure [​IMG] [​IMG] But today for me again Datejust [​IMG]

20. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

Hi all, new to the forum.
    Wondering, what should I look for if buying a vintage Omega Seamaster, preferably an automatic.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.