• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vbuskirk;3084760 said:
IMG_7568.jpg

Originally Posted by Singular
Every strapmaker has buffalo straps. Hirsch, perhaps?

Today's watch p0rn;

gmtox.jpg

/M

Superb
bounce2.gif

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny how seeing the SD and explorer together, there's not much size difference. yet on the wrist it makes a lot... i've decided the explorer 1 is too small for me, a shame as its the only (modern) rolex i really like.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this will probably get zero love here.. but I've got a hankering for the Glycine Airman Double 24 09. Maybe just because it is so busy..

glycine-airman-double-24-09.jpg

slider07

Reaction score
The Rolex Seadweller is my all-time favorite watch. I know I will never sell it and probably give it to my son someday - it's perfect, IMO. I also have a Panerai 312, a vintage Heuer Autavia Viceroy, and an Omega SMP and I would sell all of them before the SD.

Originally Posted by vbuskirk
Playing around with a friend's Seadweller. Any SD love here?

SD_versus-03.jpg

SD_versus-04.jpg

SD_versus-07.jpg

SD_versus-10.jpg

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
I know this will probably get zero love here.. but I've got a hankering for the Glycine Airman Double 24 09. Maybe just because it is so busy..

glycine-airman-double-24-09.jpg

I second that hankering if it is no bigger than 44mm. Go get 'em!

nightrune

Reaction score
i'm not up to date w/ rolex but i've always wished rolex released a gmt II in a pepsi bezel. have they already? will it happen?

Singular

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nightrune
i'm not up to date w/ rolex but i've always wished rolex released a gmt II in a pepsi bezel. have they already? will it happen?

They did...in the late eighties. If it's the 116710 you are referring to - no, none.

/M

nightrune

Reaction score
singular it's maybe just been a couple of years since i looked at the rolex selection not a couple of decades.
laugh.gif
but i think i'm confusing my models, i meant a ceramic pepsi bezel that you cannot swap out. similar to this but in a red/blue color combo. would you happen to know if it's in the works or not? great thanks!

http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watch...116710ln-0001/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics