The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOLA1

NOLA1 Senior member

Quick Question/Request: Would any watch afficianados in Europe be willing to purchase a Pepsi GMT Master II bezel insert for me from a Rolex AD? They won't sell them to us here in the US unless you want to have your current bezel insert replaced. I have a coke but want to switch to pepsi. Thanks in advance if you would be willing to help. [​IMG]

2. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

I have a real hard time with this generalization...

If the Longines was something they had just cooked up out of the blue now then fine, however the fact is that both the Polaris and the Legend diver originated in the 60s and from what I have read both companies sourced the cases for these watches (the originals) from the same manufacturer, in fact there were many other companies using virtually the same design.

You're right. I wrongly assumed the Longines was a knock-off. Your comments prompted me to do some casual research and I easily stumbled upon information about the vintage Longines Diver. I didn't know the Polaris was just one of many "super compressor" watches made by many different manufacturers in its day. Thanks for correcting me.

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Quick Question/Request: Would any watch afficianados in Europe be willing to purchase a Pepsi GMT Master II bezel insert for me from a Rolex AD? They won't sell them to us here in the US unless you want to have your current bezel insert replaced. I have a coke but want to switch to pepsi. Thanks in advance if you would be willing to help. [​IMG]

Remove your current bezel then take it to a dealer.
    Tell them you lost it and want to order a pepsi.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

crossposting from another thread, 2010 iwc portuguese automatic with the rose gold numerals, and the new portuguese handwound [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Matt

Matt [email protected]

If my Malvern Auto does not appear soon (24 days and counting at Canada fucking Customs), I may go for this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I. Want. This.

Trying to find it on the site....can't see it. What am I missing?

it came it came it came

Really really super nice watch. I'm no fetishist, but I'm loving my new watch...

6. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

Not much to say. I believe it's just a re-packaged bone stock ETA.
    It's a JLC Polaris knock-off.

ETA x 2 in your answer.

[​IMG]
    Wow.

7. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

the new portuguese handwound

[​IMG]

Shit!

8. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

Shit!
    Shit-yay or shit-nay?

9. Raymondleigh3268

Raymondleigh3268 Active Member

10. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

[​IMG]
    What a gorgeous timepiece.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Shit-yay or shit-nay?

Shit nay for me. Don't like that dial color combination and hate that red 60 with a vengeance. Let's see what other dial/metal combos they will come up with (+ the 7 or 8 limited editions of course)

12. vbuskirk

vbuskirk Senior member

> Thanks for correcting me. > DELETE. Sorry, I should finish the whole thread before chipping in. Never mind.

13. spertia

spertia Senior member

Don't like that dial color combination and hate that red 60 with a vengeance.

+1

14. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Shit nay for me. Don't like that dial color combination and hate that red 60 with a vengeance. Let's see what other dial/metal combos they will come up with (+ the 7 or 8 limited editions of course)

What's your opinion on the white dial and rose gold numerals on the 5001? They swore they were never going to do it because it would look too much like the Jubilee. Obviously, they lied.

I'm considering a dial swap, but only if I can bribe someone to let me keep my old dial.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What's your opinion on the white dial and rose gold numerals on the 5001? They swore they were never going to do it because it would look too much like the Jubilee. Obviously, they lied.

I'm considering a dial swap, but only if I can bribe someone to let me keep my old dial.

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. I think the black dial is more striking IMO. For silver dial, I think that blue hands are better than gold - and for that matter, I think that the Dornblueth 99.2 is more attractive than IWC's version [​IMG]

Now a black dial with RG hands and markers would be something I could fall for - it's not the 3712 but it's getting close - and we both know how hard to find and desirable that RG 3712 is! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.