The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Basel '10 is on... some new posts here Portuguese Yacht Club Chrono [​IMG] JLC Duomètre à Quantième Lunaire [​IMG] JLC Master Memovox (I LIKE!) [​IMG] VC Patrimony Traditionnelle Manuel [​IMG] OP Pam 337, 338 & 336 all w/ P.999 movement [​IMG]

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

/M

I like it. Elegant.

4. krillin

krillin Active Member

that looks like a cool portuguese. i also liked the memovox international in stainless steel with a black face but not sure when they released or will release that.

5. ashy

ashy Active Member

[​IMG]

Opinions?

Yay or nay?

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

OP Pam 337, 338 & 336 all w/ P.999 movement
    [​IMG]

I'm happy that OP finally came out with a 42mm of the Radiomir - it's such a perfect case and dial design but the 45mm size can't work for everyone's wrist.

I'm bothered by the position and proportions of the seconds subdial so I'm eagerly awaiting the base version of that one.

7. JN41

JN41 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Opinions?

Yay or nay?

It's a fine looking watch, but I don't like the large Ck logo. I have something of an aversion to "fashion watches." I figure if you're going to buy a watch, you should at least buy one from a company that specializes in manufacturing watches (as opposed to, say, cologne).

If you enjoy the minimalist style of that particular watch, you might want to take a look at some of the offerings from Skagen as well as the Citizen Stiletto. All are very reasonably priced.

But if you like the Ck watch, go for it.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I'm happy that OP finally came out with a 42mm of the Radiomir - it's such a perfect case and dial design but the 45mm size can't work for everyone's wrist.

I'm bothered by the position and proportions of the seconds subdial so I'm eagerly awaiting the base version of that one.

Panerai's offerings confuse me. There are so many limited editions, etc., and they all mostly look the same. I used to hate them but they have grown on me, especially now that they are making their own movements. I'll get one one of these days, I just have to familiarize msyelf more with their model range.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yes - I can't follow - they come up with 15 new models and 10 ltd editions (+ a couple re-editions of discontinued ones) every year. All are in fairly small production numbers. I guess the concept of small batches is part of the image they want to keep about the brand.

10. ashy

ashy Active Member

It's a fine looking watch, but I don't like the large Ck logo. I have something of an aversion to "fashion watches." I figure if you're going to buy a watch, you should at least buy one from a company that specializes in manufacturing watches (as opposed to, say, cologne).

If you enjoy the minimalist style of that particular watch, you might want to take a look at some of the offerings from Skagen as well as the Citizen Stiletto. All are very reasonably priced.

Yes, it is the minimalist design that attracts me. Thanks for the suggestions.

11. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

one man's minimal is another man's cheap/chintzy.

12. sharpie12

sharpie12 Well-Known Member

JLC Duometre Lunaire is amazing looking. What's price point like?

13. JonF

JonF Senior member

I thought this might be the best area to pose this question.

I am looking at buying either an Omega Speedy 3570 or 3573 in the next few months. Does anyone have an idea if I ask for an AD rec on timezone or a similar site, what the standard discount is for this watch? I usually buy from one place in Boston, but they are no longer carrying Omega.

You should be able to easily get 25%... maybe slightly better if you pay cash.

14. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

[​IMG]

Opinions?

Yay or nay?

By all means, NO.

15. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

I always thought there was an AD out in DC that people on TZ always went to for Omegas with at least a 30% discount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.