The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italian Style

Italian Style Well-Known Member

These are the best pieces of my collection.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dunkin

dunkin Senior member

nice stuff guys....but Big Pilot is [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Some nice watches there, Italian.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I think Lange makes the nicest watches today. I just wish I didn't see mid-century ones with swastikas engraved on the back from time to time [​IMG]

5. Italian Style

Italian Style Well-Known Member

Some nice watches there, Italian.
    Thanks a lot for your kind comment! [​IMG]

6. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

I think Lange makes the nicest watches today. I just wish I didn't see mid-century ones with swastikas engraved on the back from time to time [​IMG]

Really?? I suppose I'm not entirely shocked that these existed, but I'm disappointed that they STILL exist. [​IMG]

7. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

8. Mathew J

Mathew J Senior member

Beautiful watch.

Unless the watch is task specific (and used as such), I find many watches are too busy even though I may respect the complication. Like a woman trying too hard with too much makeup.

I can respect that, I have a Diver watch also with a Rolex Sub and there are times when I find it a bit of a waste given that I don't dive...I loved the cream/blue of the Omega but always toy with departing from the Rolex and the Omega for one Rolex or nicer Omega...who knows what the future holds.

9. Singular

Singular Senior member

10. guster

guster Senior member

Italian Style

Really like the simplicity of the Fortis

11. guster

guster Senior member

Breguet 5207

This model from the Classique line is a beauty. I love the off-center dial, and watching the retrograde seconds hand snap back was a treat. Unfortunately, this model didn't fit so well on my wrist, so I sold it off after a year to fund another purchase. Still, it's one of my all-time favorites (to admire, not to wear).

[​IMG]

Medtech: What did not fit with this watch? Too small...big?

12. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

Medtech: What did not fit with this watch? Too small...big?

Actually, the dial size at 39mm was pretty much perfect for me. What did it were the lugs, which didn't sufficiently angle nor curve downwards to allow the watch to sit neatly on my wrist. At certain angles it seemed that the watch was floating. A relatively minor point, really, but when I tried on the Lange 1 for the first time the issue completely disappeared, so the Breguet wasn't seeing any wrist time. I've also come to enjoy the tactile, daily ritual of the manual wind - so my small collection has been trending in this direction. The Breguet was an automatic.

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Really?? I suppose I'm not entirely shocked that these existed, but I'm disappointed that they STILL exist. [​IMG]

Indeed, there is one on Ebay right now. (In fact, I think there is one earlier in this thread.)

The fact that Walter Lange fought for Hitler is also disheartening. I know he was conscripted, but still....he was a Nazi.

I love Langes and truly think they are the best watches made today. I am just not sure I can bring myself to buy one.

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Indeed, there is one on Ebay right now. (In fact, I think there is one earlier in this thread.)

The fact that Walter Lange fought for Hitler is also disheartening. I know he was conscripted, but still....he was a Nazi.

I love Langes and truly think they are the best watches made today. I am just not sure I can bring myself to buy one.

Learn something everyday

15. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

Indeed, there is one on Ebay right now. (In fact, I think there is one earlier in this thread.) The fact that Walter Lange fought for Hitler is also disheartening. I know he was conscripted, but still....he was a Nazi. I love Langes and truly think they are the best watches made today. I am just not sure I can bring myself to buy one.
    does this mean that you're not a fan of: hugo boss; adidas; puma; mercedes; VW; audi; bayer; siemens; and coca cola, amongst others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.