The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

We aim to please. Omega???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, I do prefer Omegas, but I especially prefer more simple looking watches overall.

2. vbuskirk

vbuskirk Senior member

Yes, I do prefer Omegas, but I especially prefer more simple looking watches overall.

Okay, you're a tough one. How about this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Okay, you're a tough one. How about this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful! [​IMG]

4. DGP

DGP Senior member

A fair number of Paneristi here, huh? Okay, here's my baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amazing pics, and amazing watches! I'm curious, is that the 40mm version? How easy is it for you to alternate between that watch and the Explorer I without feeling one is too large or too small?

5. vbuskirk

vbuskirk Senior member

Beautiful! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] hee, hee. That was too much fun. Okay, back to reading about clothes for me ...

6. vbuskirk

vbuskirk Senior member

Amazing pics, and amazing watches! I'm curious, is that the 40mm version? How easy is it for you to alternate between that watch and the Explorer I without feeling one is too large or too small?

Thanks!

The PAM 112 is 45mm, and yes, at times, I do *almost* feel self conscious wearing it (not quite but almost). I think my 7" wrist is big enough to handle it; it's just freaking big. The Explorer, on the other hand, is always tasteful and very subtle. Plus, it is built like a tractor so I don't worry about it much.

7. DGP

DGP Senior member

Thanks!

The PAM 112 is 45mm, and yes, at times, I do *almost* feel self conscious wearing it (not quite but almost). I think my 7" wrist is big enough to handle it; it's just freaking big. The Explorer, on the other hand, is always tasteful and very subtle. Plus, it is built like a tractor so I don't worry about it much.

Interesting, the PAM didn't look that much bigger than the Rolex in your photo. I think it sits quite well on your wrist, my wrist is also 7 inches but the biggest watch I like on my wrist is 40mm. I guess PAMs are wider than they are tall.

I asked about the Rolex because I tried the Exp. I when I was deciding between that and the Exp. II. I felt it looked a little small on my 7in wrist (small for a sports watch, that is), but I'm now yearning for a vintage Oyster non-Professional model. However I still am concerned that I'd find it too small (every other piece I own is between 38 and 40mm).

8. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

[​IMG] hee, hee. That was too much fun. Okay, back to reading about clothes for me ...

I'm assuming all those are yours? If so, you have a lovely collection. Well done, wear them in good health [​IMG]

9. vbuskirk

vbuskirk Senior member

10. sammy

sammy Senior member

On second thought, I may go for this De Ville Co-Axial GMT Midsize instead of the Seamaster in my earlier post:
    [​IMG]
    Anyone own this and would be kind enough to provide a wrist shot? Does the De Ville line have in house movements?

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The PAM 112 is 45mm

44mm

The Nitpicker in Chief [​IMG]

PS: good choice on the Luminor Base, the OP catalog these days is quite sad

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Honestly, I wouldn't go for either of those, I'd go for the new version with the 8500 movement. Developed in-house as opposed to developed around an ETA base. Only available with a super dark grey or light silver dial (for now), but I'd say it's a better watch. All the ATs are available with a deployment clasp, to my knowledge.
    Anyone know if they are using a new in-house movement on the Speedmaster as well? Edit - Holy shit ZJ! Do you own that?

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Anyone know if they are using a new in-house movement on the Speedmaster as well?

Edit - Holy shit ZJ! Do you own that?

no sir

The World's Most Complicated Timepiece to be Sold at Antiquorum's 35th Anniversary Sale in November - Estimate: 4,500,000 to 5,500,000 Swiss Francs (approx. $4,420,000 to $5,400,000)

15. tor

tor Senior member

no sir

The World's Most Complicated Timepiece to be Sold at Antiquorum's 35th Anniversary Sale in November - Estimate: 4,500,000 to 5,500,000 Swiss Francs (approx. $4,420,000 to $5,400,000)

Astrolabes are good enough for Godzilla; I don't need a glorified sundial to show me the stars.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.