1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

If you were Dino or I discussing the GO Pano series for the umteenth time I think you may have a slightly different opinion. Certain heated topics just become exhausting after a while, but it's not like I am going to be rude when it gets brought up again.

2. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

^ Yeah, I know. Like I said, within reason, but that's part of life isn't it...sometimes we have to do things over and deal with little annoying things from time to time. I try not to be too bothered by that sort of thing (anymore). Life's too short for that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. pmeis

pmeis Senior member

Anyone bought anything through Chrono24? I finally pulled a trigger on a long desired piece back at the end of December from a dealer in Germany. About as close to a grail for me as I have. This was done via the Chrono24 trusted checkout. The dealer did not have his export paperwork in order and has not been able to ship out the watch. I believe the dealer has been acting in good faith and trying to get things resolved on his end and since Chrono24 holds the money in escrow and the dealer has not been able to ship, I'm not worried about getting screwed.

Today I have finally decided to ask for a refund though. I've actually been very patient since its something I've always wanted and the price was right, but I think my patience has finally run out as I was expecting an update from the seller today and did not receive it. I'm interested to see how quickly Chrono24 moves forward.

Assuming I get refunded soon, there is a piece available more locally for a slightly better deal as well, so that may be part of why I've finally lost my patience.

4. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

If some kind of change is coming, even if we don't necessarily think we need it, perhaps we will simply have to work with what comes and again make it our own type of thread/forum. Everyone here who contributes to this thread has made it what it is, be it through photos, experience/knowledge, or even their sense of humor.

As for the FAQ, I rarely read those on other forums, so I'm not opposed to there being one. If it helps a Newbie great, and if not, since I probably didn't read it then its no big deal to me anyway. If as Fok suggested, the next version of this thread starts with the last 25-50 post, its unlikely most of our regular contributors or lurkers will read the FAQ section except maybe out of curiosity.
    I'm sure regardless of whether there is a FAQs section or not, we will get people posting questions that could be answered either using the FAQ or search function. As always it will be up to us to choose how to respond (in the past, frequently covered topics have been responded to politely and there is no reason for that to change). Over time opinions and information can change and even if something is covered in the FAQs, perhaps at times a topic should still need to be addressed. I never mind answering the same question or topic several times. However, there are some topics that have really been discussed quite thoroughly and those original discussions would perhaps benefit the person posing the question. Therefore, I wouldn't mind if the GO Pano vs. Lange 1 topic ended up in the FAQ section (made up perhaps from past discussions found in this thread). It has been discussed several times in great depth, and there are valid points defending each, but as DLjr points out it has become a rather exhausting topic.

4 people like this.
  5. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

For sure, just lamenting on the topic mostly because I'd like to see it as part of the FAQ. At the end of the day it's just a minor gripe.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Hey guys...what's the model number of a green Rolex, and can I get one at a discount? j/k, j/k

The other day (and I do enjoy popping in and reading about different brands and topics I wouldn't catch in multiple threads).
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

I always assumed this was way too big of a possibility so I haven't used Chrono24. I'm guessing it is usually a smooth transaction though because its been around awhile. That said, good luck and let us know how it turns out.
    Quote:

8. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Wishing you luck and hoping everything works out well for you. I've never made a purchase through chrono24 nor have I made any purchases from watch dealers outside of the US. I know lots of people purchase and ship watches internationally without any issues. However, I tend to be risk averse and I know my options for recourse if things go wrong are far more limited once it involves an international transaction. Please let us now how things work out for you.

1 person likes this.
  9. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Totally agree.

in the time it takes to write some snarky asshat comment about using the search button...

you could just simply answer the question..

3 people like this.
  10. atia2

atia2 Senior member

Yes, I bought my only good watch (an Oysterquartz 17000) on Chrono24 from an Italian dealer last year. Smooth transaction, good customer service, and I got a great deal on a lovely timepiece. I haven't heard anything negative about how they manage problems, but then I never had to call upon them because the purchase went well.

11. cchen

cchen Senior member

This guy doesn't get too much wear these days but it always puts a smile on my face

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  12. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Nice. One of my grails. How many grails is one allowed? :)

13. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

What about simply politely asking them to search the thread first, is that okay?

Jeeze dude. Plus some "answers" are pages and pages worth of existing discussion, not everything is a quick answer. But anyway, no one said anything about being an asshat to someone asking a question that was a repeat.

14. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

That's fine, no need to get offended. If you are one of the guys that "politely" directs them to use the search function then my statement doesn't apply to you.

To each his own.

15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Use the search function!!! :p

Real answer, as many as you can afford.

16. SilchasRuin

SilchasRuin Member

I've bought from a German dealer off Chrono24, but i've emailed them directly. I didnt even realize there was a checkout option, to be honest - not that i would use it, as email allows for a little more price negotiation. Got a great price from them, too. But it took a while for them to get the watch - at those prices, i didnt mind waiting.

17. 1up

1up Senior member

I purchased from Chrono24 as well, and had a good experience. Did take some time for the watch to arrive though.

18. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

Things really went downhill around here when "The Pants Appreciation Thread" and "The Footwear Pron Thread" were Balkanized.

19. atia2

atia2 Senior member

At what point will it be necessary to create a separate thread to discuss the thread? We could call that one the metathread.

20. OmarDubaibanker

OmarDubaibanker Senior member

I will wait for the thread to discuss that new thread :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.