• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic discussion of late and broad range of watchmakers represented. Love it.

@mimo - the 175th Patek anniversary auction c/o Christie's is unlikely to feature any bargain deals. I'll take a look at some of the lots when they are shown in NYC and take pics for you.

Today, on a business trip:

7e7yna5u.jpg

chanoch

Reaction score
Got it. Good advice about the small manufacturers. Point taken. Really grateful for all the solid advice from you and everyone else, and looking forward to trying on some of the watches suggested here. Will be a bit before the executor does his thing, but will let you know what I get when I do. Thanks, again! Great board ...

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are our Cartier watches. Mine, which I've posted before, is the Tank Francaise. My wife has an older tank, and a Tonneau in white gold. Not sure of the model name of the tank, but it's a manual wind with a domed crystal. She had wanted the Baignoire with diamonds, but then saw the Tonneau and thought it would be more versatile.
Nice grouping of Cartiers. The Tank appears to be a "Louis Cartier Tank." There have been different sizes over the years. This is the model that often comes to mind for most people when you refer to a Carteir "Tank."

Keller

Reaction score
I really like the latest Longines, I think they are great models with a good price. I recently got the Evidenza Chrono.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been wearing this all week and just stealing wrist time away from others.
120q8zn.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Send the Daytona up to me for safekeeping. :D

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, RFX. Deets on the leather seats of the auto. :)

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It really is. I actually think it's my favorite model of the current Rolex line up - great choice RFX45.

One more pic (from the net), just because:

rx391im.jpg

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never appreciated Richard Mille. I still do not understand its pricing. However, after I put this rose gold RM011 on my wrist I now understand why it is appealing to many.

sy3e8a6y.jpg

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ It really is. I actually think it's my favorite model of the current Rolex line up - great choice RFX45.

rx391im.jpg

I believe this is already a discontinued model. I considered it a while back but it is very similar to Exp I so I passed. May still get it as a present to my father.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rx391im.jpg

It is beautiful. I had a hard time choosing between this and the (current model) Air King, because they're practically identical except for a couple little things. In the end, I went with the Air King, because the 36mm OP looked bigger than my 36mm Aqua Terra when I went to the AD to look and I already have a 36mm watch. The new 'over-sized' 34mm AK suited me best, I thought. I'll show it off here as soon as it arrives :)

I believe this is already a discontinued model. I considered it a while back but it is very similar to Exp I so I passed. May still get it as a present to my father.

It's still on the Rolex website and still at the AD in Sydney, so I don't think it's been discontinued.

Last edited:

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been wearing this all week and just stealing wrist time away from others.
120q8zn.jpg

Love the way the dial reflects the light. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry for the noob question but whats the exact model?

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The current oyster perpetual lineup has some unfortunate dial choices I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads