1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firenze_rob

firenze_rob Senior member

Looking good. If a SS ceramic GMT II with Coke bezel and jubilee bracelet ever came out, I'd get that in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. firenze_rob

firenze_rob Senior member

I was thinking of putting this on B&S if there was interest. It's a Heuer manufactured watch for Sears under the Tradition brand from the 1960s. It's not getting any wrist time so I'd figure either post it here or put it back into the drawer for junior when the time comes.

[​IMG]

Analog Shift has a similar Zodiac for sale. Their description guilds the lily a bit.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jayess

Jayess Active Member

Not a fan of the light blue outlining numerals though..throws the colour scheme off

4. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

nos 16600 for $6900 or a new blnr for next purchase? can't really decide b/w the 2.

my current thinking is it may be more difficult to find an nos sd down the road.

5. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Seems awfully cheap for a NOS 16600. That should command a higher premium than that. If we are talking USD of course.

6. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

USD

actually, found one for 7k and one for 6900. don't think they are moving all that fast now.

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Hmmm. Good to know. Although I have not seen these types of prices from my usual favorite sellers.

8. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I don't see any outline around the numerals on any of the models. I do think the two Tangente models, in particular, are quite lovely. I would like to see the Champagner dial in person, but I can very clearly hear it calling my name.

9. Jayess

Jayess Active Member

the light blue minute markers that outline the edge of the dials on the orion, tangente, and ludwig. That color looks completely out of place on those models imo

10. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Oh, I see. That doesn't bother me. But of the two dials, I prefer the Champagner. It's all about personal preference, though, isn't it?

[​IMG]

11. pmeis

pmeis Senior member

I bet it's much subtler in the metal. In fact I really am betting on it because I just switched the deposit I had for a Metro Datum, to the Ludwig Neomatik (though I don't mind the look anyway). I've had the Metro on preorder since March and still no sign of it. In the meantime I've sold all my watches except for my PAM 562 and the only one I still wish I had was my 35mm Nomos that I sold. While the Metro would have basically picked up the slack, after going solo with the PAM for a few months I think the Ludwig will work better for what I'm looking for than the Metro.

FYI, I've been exceedingly happy with my PAM. It's keeping good time through the entire power reserve (at least good enough, hard to know for sure without a second hand) and I've been seeing a usable reserve of about 9 and a half days.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

16600 FTW! Took mine for a drive today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    5 people like this.
  13. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

Gratuitous Porker shot for Mimo. Got nice and dirty on the back roads.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. tricky

tricky Senior member

My dream car. Wow!!!

15. Winot

Winot Senior member

Colour coordination.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Nice to see it used and not parked inside as a garage queen! Must've been lots of fun!

17. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Had a look at some watches in the flesh yesterday in Chicago. Hit Tourneau first and went to see what they had for Nomos. I'm more of a tool watch guy, but Nomos' designs have generally really spoken to me. In the flesh though I wasn't as impressed. The size didn't look as big as I thought it would in person. The Tangente Doctors Without Borders looked a bit small. The Ahoi Atlantik looked a bit better since it's slightly bigger, however the fabric strap did nothing for me. In fact if I get a Nomos I'll be using a third party strap. What really took me though was the Zurich Weltzeit. The finish to it just looked higher end than on the the two and it looked really nice. It almost didn't look like a Nomos. Very nice looking watch. Unfortunately they didn't have a Metro in stock as I wanted to see that in the flesh as well.

I then hit the Omega boutique. I have particularly been looking at a Seamaster 300, Seamaster 300 Spectre edition and the Speedmaster '57:

http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/seamaster-300/master-co-axial-41-mm/23332412101002

http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/seamaster-300/master-co-axial-41-mm/23332412101001

http://www.omegawatches.com/watches...ga-co-axial-chronograph-415-mm/33112425101002

I was very impressed seeing them in person. I didn't actually handle any of them as we were in a rush to get out of town and beat the traffic, but they all looked great in person. The Seamaster Spectre edition in particular on that Nato strap really looked quite amazing. I'm not that into all things Bond, though it has to be said that apart from the watches there have been some nice pieces that have come out of recent films, but this one is a winner. I could care less that's a Bond watch in fact, but they hit all the right notes. I think it was the Nato strap more than anything else oddly enough, but I didn't even miss the "12" on the face (I like that it's "0" on the bezel actually). I also liked the size of the watch. Again, no wrist time, but it looks like it wears slightly bigger. I actually handled a Submariner a couple of weeks earlier and for me there is no comparison. The design of this particular Seamaster wins it for me. That's not to bash Rolex at all, but the look of the Seamaster 300 for me is just a better looking watch.
    Just interesting to me the size of all the watches compared to what I have been wearing. I've been rotating between different colored bezel Victorinox Swiss Army Mavericks (poor man's watch I know) which I always thought were 42mm but I've now come to find out were 44mm. So for me 38mm feels a bit small and 41mm is just fine. I guess I'll have to get used to smaller watches if I'm going to work on my list of watches. The good thing is it's given me pause to think about what I really want to get and my list is being shortened for now. Also, it makes such a different seeing a watch in the flesh. Very different than the pictures online.

18. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Maybe you should look in to Panerai. Nomos will largely fall short for you given your size preferences. The metro will likely be a miss for you as well.

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

How about a Fortis, they are pretty substantial.

20. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

Seems like yesterday.

Happy Anniversary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.