1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singular

Singular Senior member

2. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

small timer here. has just purchased this. [​IMG] should i change the strap to other colours, not getting the NATO one though.

3. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

^ I usually prefer less busy watches, but I think that looks great - and I think the strap suits it.

4. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

i think the seiko 5 is one of the best value watches around.
    singular i love that speedy, what model is it? its the only variant that i prefer to the moonwatch.
    looks great on the bracelet too, you had it on leather before didnt you? is the bracelet a 1171?

5. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Schumacher Legend edition (3559.32.00)

6. dynabro

dynabro Member

7. EarlGrey

EarlGrey New Member

Gorgeous watches here, everyone! [​IMG] I'm drooling with envy, but it's given me some great ideas for my next purchase.

8. kaiserkarl

kaiserkarl Senior member

i like that white faced speedmaster singular. is it vintage? hopefully not so i can buy one easily.

9. the_sartorialist

the_sartorialist Senior member

Finally, I can lay claim to being an owner of this after losing a previous bid on eBay.

Omega Seamaster Automatic Calendar 1957

[​IMG]

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

^ I usually prefer less busy watches, but I think that looks great - and I think the strap suits it.

hate those nato style honestly. thinking of getting the black with white stitching.

[​IMG]

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

A good find. The watch looks great.

12. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Finally, I can lay claim to being an owner of this after losing a previous bid on eBay.

[​IMG]

Gorgeous

13. Singular

Singular Senior member

i think the seiko 5 is one of the best value watches around.
    singular i love that speedy, what model is it? its the only variant that i prefer to the moonwatch.
    looks great on the bracelet too, you had it on leather before didnt you? is the bracelet a 1171?

It's, as mentioned, the Schumacher "Legend" LE. Yes, I used it on both small- and big-holed racing straps and various "Bund" type straps. The bracelet is a 1171.

i like that white faced speedmaster singular. is it vintage? hopefully not so i can buy one easily.

No, technically not vintage but a LE from 2005ish.

/M

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

It's, as mentioned, the Schumacher "Legend" LE. Yes, I used it on both small- and big-holed racing straps and various "Bund" type straps. The bracelet is a 1171.

No, technically not vintage but a LE from 2005ish.

/M

Zeetan at collectorstime.com has one from 2003 listed for sale.

15. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

[​IMG]

Congrats. Stunning.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Basel is here and I know there are a lot of Rolex hate here but I was really hyped for the new Explorer I and my dream has come true, the new Explorer I now comes in a 39mm case but the draw back is they took the lume out of the 3-6-9 indexes. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] Still considering it in the future though. At least no polished center links.

17. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, to be fair, the 3-6-9 numerals on the current Explorer aren't luminescent, either--they're just painted white. That irked a lot of people because the other markers are luminescent. The new, non-painted numerals must be Rolex's "solution" to the problem. I don't like them. The watch was alright getting too flashy with the white gold surrounds and now there's even more bling.

Overall, I think the current Explorer looks better. The new 39mm case comes with a thicker bezel, which makes the watch look a lot less elegant and a lot chunkier. Blegh.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Also the new Submariners with a ceramic bezel.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Well, to be fair, the 3-6-9 numerals on the current Explorer aren't luminescent, either--they're just painted white. That irked a lot of people because the other markers are luminescent. The new, non-painted numerals must be Rolex's "solution" to the problem. I don't like them. The watch was alright getting too flashy with the white gold surrounds and now there's even more bling.

Overall, I think the current Explorer looks better. The new 39mm case comes with a thicker bezel, which makes the watch look a lot less elegant and a lot chunkier. Blegh.

I guess I was just hoping they'd put a lume on the 3-6-9 like on the Air King.

20. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

First time posting on this thread. Here's my daily beater that I've had for about 10 years. Originally came on a black leather strap that I replaced last year with an aftermarket Hadley Roma stainless steel bracelet: [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.