The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nozorro

nozorro Well-Known Member

Another modest (in comparison to the other postings) contribution.
    But I like it:
    [​IMG]

(I have been wondering if I should go with a different color strap though)

Love the look of this watch. Have one myself. Think it's one of the better looking chronographs regardless of price.

2. Confucius

Confucius Senior member

Crappy pics but I'm pretty psyched about this even though it's very modest compared to everything on here. Pictures don't do it justice. It's such a solid well built piece. I don't know how they sell it for what they do. Perfect size too at 44mm. Big enough to stand out but not too big where it looks tacky. I'm looking for a cool NATO band to put on it.
    [​IMG]

Really nice piece. Much nicer than the original web-borrowed pic. I do think it's a smidge too big for your wrist though, but each to his own!

Is it a Ti?

3. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

^^ And my crappy macbook camera pics are pretty awful at showing the details and how solid it is. I think I'm starting to agree with you. I'm not a small guy, 6'1" about 190 but I have very thin wrists for my size. After having it on for a day I'm starting to wish it was 2mm smaller. I still think it's a good look but now I'm starting to wonder if I should find a Hamilton that's a couple mm smaller.

The regular Khaki Field Chrono is 42mm and that is what is listed on their site. But I think they just came out with new Field watches in two sizes, 40 and 44mm and they aren't doing the 38 and 42mm sizes anymore. Their site doesn't show the new ones but I read an article about it.

4. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

Another shot. I think this shows the proportions better but I still think it's just a couple mm too big. Trying to decide if I should keep it or go back and find something a bit smaller. Any thoughts?
    [​IMG]

5. Phlexrayon

Phlexrayon Member

Quick question for you all - anyone have any experiences with Stowa? I'm looking at the Antea 365 (I've got small wrist syndrome so I need a smaller diameter than it appears most of you do).
    Any input would be great.

6. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

No personal experience, but I expect you will see glowing reviews here.

I've really liked the Stowas I've seen, FWIW. The owner, Schauer, is rumoured to a real enthusiast.

7. ScottMan

ScottMan Senior member

Another shot. I think this shows the proportions better but I still think it's just a couple mm too big. Trying to decide if I should keep it or go back and find something a bit smaller. Any thoughts?
    I would hold onto it for a bit. Many people find that they want to go bigger over time. After you've worn it for a month or so you can decide better.

Unless you're wanting to return it. Haha.

8. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

[​IMG]

Don't fret over a couple of mm. The watch doesn't look too big at all. It's a good size for your wrist/arm.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Don't fret over a couple of mm. The watch doesn't look too big at all. It's a good size for your wrist/arm.

+1

Looks good. You'll always have people obsessed with case size that will tell you otherwise but in all objectivity, this is well proportioned to your wrist

10. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

Cool thanks guys. I just don't want to look tacky or like I'm trying to hard. I want my watch to stand out but not make me look like a tool. I want badass but still classy, if that makes sense. And I think this watch is pretty good at that for the price.

11. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

+100 Regards. PS. Its a very nice watch. Congrats!

12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

It looks good. Wear it in good health.

13. up1bin

up1bin Well-Known Member

My first "real" watch... Stowa Marine Automatic. Stowa's customer service was top notch! I think the Marine Auto makes for a great dress watch. My next purchase most likely will be a Chronograph... perhaps the Archimede Pilot Chrono? I don't think my small wrist can support a watch greater than 42mm.

Any recommendations on a Gator/Croc grained leather band?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

^very nice, congrats

15. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

[​IMG]

/M

What watch is this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.