1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

ive gone through probably 15 in the past year. Finally settled on a couple colts, kimber, and a couple dan wessons.

which one? I sold/traded mine for another dan wesson. I liked it, but i shot the DW so much better and liked the feel so much more i couldnt justify having it just to have a wilson.

2. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

nothing fancy, just CQB with some upgrades. Would love to get DW as well in the future.

3. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

"nothing fancy' lulz. its a wilson. theyre fancy as fuck. ;)

They really are amazing pistols. I just couldnt justify keeping it and never shooting it. I cant recommend a DW more. You should definitely try one out sometime soon.

4. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

All Colts this season, a Govt. 9mm XSE, a 70 series GCNM, and a Govt. WClapp. Haven't had a chance to get any to the range...but my next will be a Dan Wesson.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  5. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

how you like that wiley clapp?? I bought the commander clapp a couple months back. Love it. love the grips. But that thing rattles like a son of a bitch. I was worried it wouldnt be very accurate, but it shot tight groups once i got used to the blacked out back sight and brass bead.

6. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Haven't gotten to try it yet. Hope to get it to the range in a few weeks when things slow down a bit. However, I've heard nothing but great things about it !

P.S. Initially, I thought the grips were goofy looking, but they feel great and seem like they make a lot of sense.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  7. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

agreed completely re: the grips. Really strange. but when i held it...feels so damn good. Keep me posted when you get some range time with it. Curious to hear your thoughts. It took me a couple magazines to get used to the sights.

8. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Birthday outing

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  9. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

Not sure if it's yours, or hers ... but Happy Birthday to somebody!!! :happy:

10. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I'll be sure to let you know what I think, once I've had some range time with it.

Very nice pair of Rolex watches! Happy Birthday![​IMG]

11. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

Is there a more popular brand for his and her watches than Rolex? I think not.

1 person likes this.
  12. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

my friend and his wife have his/hers yachties. gotta say im a little jealous. they look great.

2 people like this.
  13. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Well hers in upside down, I guess the repair center can help with that :)

Looking good! Not sure how that's gun related though.

14. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I hate guns. Love watches, though.

1 person likes this.
  15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Thanks, Dino.

16. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

HAHA :cheers:

(Sorry, forgot I was on the GUN thread!)

1 person likes this.
  17. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

This past Sunday Mrs. Dino and I went with some friends for a day of Rolex, Porsches, polo and a picnic. Overall, a fun day. We had never seen a polo match before, so it was an interesting experience and the horses were really beautiful. Please excuse the bad camera phone photo, but the lighting that day made it tough to get good pix.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

Jeez, who takes a Porsche to the polo matches. These kids today.......

19. 1up

1up Senior member

D-oh, not even a month into owning the watch and I smacked it on a chair and bent the bottom chronograph lug. :(

The bottom lug controls the reset for the chronograph. It still works when I push it, but I have to push it quite hard for the bottom dial (hours) to reset, the top dial (minutes) resets with minimal pressure comparatively.

But at the end of the day, it is mis-aligned and I don't want to risk further damage but pushing it in. I don't think this should be such a complex fix? Do I take it to any jeweller, or does it need to be an authorized Junghans dealer? I tried contacting Junghans but they are slow to reply.

Will I need to mail it in somewhere? How costly will this be?

20. Belligero

Belligero Senior member

^
    Yup, it sucks pretty bad when that happens.

It's a very good sign that the watch is still running well, though. I wouldn't worry too much about having damaged the movement by operating the chronograph; the actuator on a 7750 is simply a large flat surface that isn't affected by misalignment of the pusher. It should be an easy and not-too-expensive repair as long as the case threads aren't damaged.

I'd recommend to take it to a local watchmaker to check whether it's simply a bent pusher assembly that needs replacing. If so, ask Junghans if they'll send a new pusher to you or to the watchmaker. In my experience, German companies — at least those that aren't owned by one of the big three congolomerates — tend to be very reasonable about supplying parts. With any luck, a fresh part and a pressure test will leave your watch as good as new.

Cool watch, by the way. Those Max Bill designs are great!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.