• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 5136 is a transition model between the 3940 and the new (and currently produced) 5140. It only comes on a bracelet, and either in yellow gold (ref 5136/1J) or white gold (ref 5136/1G). It has since been discontinued. The last known MSRP of the J is $74,600 and that of the G is $78,200. It can be had preowned mint and complete anywhere from the low to mid-$50s.

My two cents.
Exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Thoughtful and descriptive response, Frilly.
Thank you, Sir.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Around here it is $63,000 (aprox $4,772.72 usd) pesos. I thought it was going to cost a lot more, the one with the new Co-Axial movement is $109,000 (8,257.57 usd aprox) pesos but they told me they can make me an offer and leave it at $96,000 (7,272.72 usd aprox) pesos.

How much does the first one cost in the US?

The MSRP is $4500. You can find it for 25-35% off MSRP typically.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Around here it is $63,000 (aprox $4,772.72 usd) pesos. I thought it was going to cost a lot more, the one with the new Co-Axial movement is $109,000 (8,257.57 usd aprox) pesos but they told me they can make me an offer and leave it at $96,000 (7,272.72 usd aprox) pesos.

How much does the first one cost in the US?

Pretty sure they are $3,800-$4,000 but not 100%

Really? That's a considerable difference.

I think the one he is looking at retails for $5200 USD. Obviously, your discount mileage varies, but $4700 doesn't seem all too bad.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Meh. It's honestly my least favorite of their designs, and I tend to like square/rectangular watches. Something about a bauhaus square just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe because it's so starkly square when you compare it to things like the Monaco or rectangular watches like the Tank, Reverso, etc. It has no curves or sex to it for me, like something a Lego man would wear.

Then again, if you like it, cheers
cheers.gif

I'd agree, it's just too square (or I guess it's just literally square) for me. I like rectangular watches, but I don't like the aesthetics of a square watch. I do like the lugs though, and maybe I could get in to the square thing if it wasn't for the horrendous display back. I really don't like display backs for round movements in square/rectangular watches. That said, I may pick up the Tetra Kleene for my wife at some point.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one today, for Belli's possible pleasure or disdain given how the letters and numbers are wrought:

3agage6y.jpg

With that said this is an earlier discontinued model and I suspect it will suit Belli's demanding aesthetic standards. It certainly suits mine.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This one today, for Belli's possible pleasure or disdain given how the letters and numbers are wrought:
3agage6y.jpg
With that said this is an earlier discontinued model and I suspect it will suit Belli's demanding aesthetic standards. It certainly suits mine.

Come on; you know that looks great! Patek used to get this stuff consistently right; that's exactly how it's supposed to be done.

Obviously not done by the IT guy, either.

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on; you know that looks great! Patek used to get this stuff consistently right; that's exactly how it's supposed to be done.

Obviously not done by the IT guy, either.

bigstar[1].gif

Damn TapaTalk posts BIG pics.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The MSRP is $4500. You can find it for 25-35% off MSRP typically.

I think the one he is looking at retails for $5200 USD. Obviously, your discount mileage varies, but $4700 doesn't seem all too bad.

The one that they showed me is the one that doesn't have an open case back. But in the interwebz I have seen somethat have the open case back and the new one that has the Co-Axial movement.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant say i love arial, but i certainly can get on board with the hate level some have for it.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
The one that they showed me is the one that doesn't have an open case back. But in the interwebz I have seen somethat have the open case back and the new one that has the Co-Axial movement.
What I listed was the 3570.50 with hesalite and 1861 movement. The 3573.50 is the one with sapphire crystal on both sides, and the 1863 movement. It retails for $5,500 (same discounts can be found).

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

Damn TapaTalk posts BIG pics.

Looks to be about the right size for the content to me; it's nice to be able to see the details.

I think you'll do well to hang on to those classically-drawn (vs. MS-Paint-drawn) Patek Philippes of yours. For me, it's pretty clear which dials involved the services of a skilled professional, and which ones were produced after the boss's wife was appointed as head of design.
:hide:

Anyone that bought into the "A Patek is forever" "You never really own a Patek" line for their new stuff, thinking that they're going to appreciate like the older ones, is likely to be severely disappointed. I just don't see the same quality of design any more. The dial is such an important element on any watch, let alone something of horlogerie calibre; I'm truly amazed at how much their standards have slipped. They're not the only company that's suffering from this computer virus, either.

Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
If you're wrong, what will we have left to believe in? Before you know it, Dino will be buying a Stuhrling and Frilly will be wearing Crocs.

After dinner I'm going to smash the windows of the Patek boutique, and stand up for what is right.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I listed was the 3570.50 with hesalite and 1861 movement. The 3573.50 is the one with sapphire crystal on both sides, and the 1863 movement. It retails for $5,500 (same discounts can be found).

$3.50 for the open case back?
eek.gif
I should look for that one! Thanks for sharing the movements, this will definitely makes the search easier! Thanks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're wrong, what will we have left to believe in?  Before you know it, Dino will be buying a Stuhrling and Frilly will be wearing Crocs.

After dinner I'm going to smash the windows of the Patek boutique, and stand up for what is right.

You could do that, but a suggestion that they improve their design competency might be a more constructive way to begin. ;)

THEN WE DO THE SMASHING!

And here's our rallying cry:

Watches:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads