1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no frills

no frills Senior member

Fantastic news all around @rnguy001 and @DLJr !!!

Then, we will all have to band together, share notes, and learn the basics of fatherhood from Liam Neeson in the "Taken" movies.

2. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

No watch for me either, well at least not right away. Perhaps I'll be on the 7 month delay like Steel, but with something a bit less prestigious than a 5711.

3. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Wish this one got more wrist or pic time in this thread. It's my favorite of your Pateks (which is funny as it started as my least favorite). And if anyone makes any negative comments about you posting more pics of it (at my request) you can rest assured that I will be vehemently shaking my fist at their comment from my end of the computer screen.

Also congrats on the anniversary.

2 people like this.
  4. no frills

no frills Senior member

Aw shucks, thanks brosephus @DLJr.

Another pic as requested. Boom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    6 people like this.
  5. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I agree with the couple of earlier comments. The hour hand needs to be adjusted, very slightly. Based on this picture, I would think it would be very easy to see the misalignment at 12 o'clock.

6. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Anybody have an AD that deals with IWC that they'd like to recommend? Wife's friend is looking for her husband.

7. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Govberg, but that's Philly (though I think Nuke got his JLC from them and had a very good experience via email). Haven't bought or looked thoroughly at anything IWC related from them, but they have a decent selection at a glance.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Congrats on your anniversary! Definitely well dressed to celebrate the occasion. [​IMG]

Funny, that one (the 5040) is also my favorite of his Pateks. Then again, I'm a sucker for non-round cased dress watches.

9. Dachshund

Dachshund Senior member

Awesome tonneau case on that PP. There's definitely a tonneau-shaped gap in my collection. + congrats on umpteenth anniversary.

10. gopherblue

gopherblue Senior member

PM sent.

11. mimo

mimo Senior member

What a day for TWAT..incoming Pateks, Portofinos and procreation. And a (rare, I'd like to think) "you get what you pay for" adage about Stowa. I have to say their service always seems good, so here's hoping for a clean outcome.

Congrats all!

Only Frilly's boring old fake to spoil the party, but let's skip on past that.

12. no frills

no frills Senior member

Thanks to all! I mean, #ThoseFeuilleHandsDatTonneauCase...

[​IMG]

#TotallyAnnoyingBoringFake
    #PicRepostButNotReally
    #FollowForFollow
    #Tags4Likes

4 people like this.
  13. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Thanks for the AD recommendations gents - I'll be sure to pass them along, much appreciated.

14. no frills

no frills Senior member

On the AD / watch show topic - one of my good friends heads up the watch division at Reis-Nichols Jewelers, and is in NYC to show (and sell) a few timepieces. He's wearing his 5711 right now (blue dial, @Steel28)... And brought a little piece for me to view... (take note @mimo)...

[​IMG]

Shameless plug for anyone who wants to visit and check out the stuff - Leffot at 10 Christopher Street also has "other" things for viewing, like shoes that guys like @dddrees and @tifosi might appreciate. Ricardo Bestetti is also in town for a trunk show. Lots to see and fondle (merchandise - not people)...!

3 people like this.
  15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

He really knows his stuff, a real class act, and a big plus he's one of the biggest shoe guys I know as well.

AD for Patek, AP, Rolex, JLC, Cartier, Panarai, IWC, Breitling and a few other brands. Considering their location I was very happy but not surprised when he made the AP deal happen. There aren't that many ADs for AP.

1 person likes this.
  16. mimo

mimo Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. no frills

no frills Senior member

+1000. Fantastic customer service and great selection as well.
    To test my willpower I will go to Leffot tomorrow and expose myself to the 116618LB blue sunburst dial and determine whether I can resist its siren song.

18. mimo

mimo Senior member

1 person likes this.
  19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I wish I could make it up there for the watch event. I missed the last one, too.

20. no frills

no frills Senior member

@mimo if THOSE sirens were in play I don't know how I can resist their song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.