1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

so grey market seller do come with stamp these days? what's my best source for Omega

2. dsn112

dsn112 Member

Alfred, FNFZ4 on the forums is the best I know of. He discounts 25-30% off msrp and no tax delivered overnight. It's not grey either, my speedy was shipped overnight directly from an AD in South Carolina, new with a stamped card dated that day.

3. tricky

tricky Senior member

I haven't bought from him but he's definitely well regarded.

4. dsn112

dsn112 Member

Yea, he is a good dude, moves a lot of omega. I text him frequently. Always good to chat about watches.

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

sweet, thanks for the help guys!

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Prestigetime and Jomashop sell BNIB Omegas for 20+ back on the reg and they are as reputable as it gets and Im pretty sure they offer returns.

7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

neither offer stamp no?

8. in stitches

I dont know, but I its not a big deal for me personally. They offer warranties on their own anyways I think.

9. dsn112

dsn112 Member

You don't get an omega warranty card, they are gray dealers. The price difference between getting the 4yr omega warranty through Alfred vs Joma and their in house warranty was $100. I'll take the non grey all day for $100

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  10. in stitches

Sounds reasonable enough.

11. dsn112

dsn112 Member

And to be clear, if the deal was better, I'd have no hesitation to buy on Joma. They have a great track record.

12. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

@steel28 - congrats, Bats! Terrific watch

as for Grey market - personally if you do your research you can find AD's with near same pricing, and any minor cost is easily outweighed by peace of mind IMO. Not saying there aren't great grey markets out there with stamped cards and such..

R

2 people like this.
  13. Dachshund

Dachshund Senior member

Who loves the big ExII?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

thank you for kind words Gents.

some better pictures of Batman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far I'm very impressed.

It wears amazing, love the date complication and really missed it. The size is perfect and I missed a bit of heft vs my 116520. Little splash of color catches quiet a lot of attention and a bit distracting when driving (in a good way!).

quick PSA: Rolex is extending its warranty period from 2 to 5 years for all watches sold after July,1 2015.

All watches sold from July,1 2013 to June,30 2015 will get an extra one year warranty extension.

this has been confirmed for Europe

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    6 people like this.
  15. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Glad to hear you are enjoying your BLNR, it looks great! [​IMG] Thank you for the information about Rolex extending their warranty period! Its nice to see them moving forward and offering a more substantial warranty. I look forward to hearing your ownership impressions of the BLNR once you've had a bit more time to get acquainted with it.

16. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

Adding to the Stowa love-in. Stowa Marine Automatic. I ordered it on May 21st and it shipped on May 30th. I actually have to send it back to Stowa as the crown is unscrewing from the stem when I set the time in the forward direction. Stowa has offered to pay shipping both ways.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  17. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

I do!

So many things to like about that one, especially the all-brushed look and the "slimmer lug" proportions.

I believe it's a true 42mm as well.

A lot of guys prefer the white/polar look... but for me, I prefer the matte black dial.

Another good modern interpretation by Rolex, IMHO.

18. iLuveketchup

iLuveketchup Senior member

I prefer the smaller Exp II. I'm not a big fan of any 6 digit reference Rolex.

19. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I really like it, particularly with a black dial. It was "In the running" when I was considering my last Rolex. It wears pretty reasonably for a 42mm watch. I went with the BLNR this time, but the a modern black dial ExII could be added someday. Yours looks great enjoy it! [​IMG]

20. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

I really like the Exp II...so much so that I bought one last Nov. However it wore slightly too 'top-heavy' for my wrist & I traded it for a BLNR several weeks ago.

If they ever come out w/ a 40mm ExpII w/ the orange hand I may have to purchase one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.