• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonServiam

Reaction score

Nice, congrats!

Not much point in shopping in Geneva anyway; the prices are higher than in most markets. It's great for looking, though! You're not exactly lacking for watches, in any case.

Besides: TRAVEL > stuff

Thank you :)

Hehe, tounge-in-cheek of course. Travelling is always worth it, and I know that Geneva is expensive. Even coming from where we live. Would have been fun to buy there though, milk straight from the cow so to speak :lol:

Looking forward to eyeing a whole lot of goodies! All major brands are of course well represented, I'll probably see more of the insides of boutiques than the city. My AD booked us a private guided tour of the Patek Philippe museum, I expect that to be interesting. I was planning to visit Vacheron, but they are doing a bit of renovating there right now, unsure of how much is open. My VC AD is trying to get us an inside appointment there, not sure if he succeeds.

Any obvious or not so obvious tips for Geneva sightseeing, horological or otherwise?

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy, put them both on the wrist as soon as you can. Personally I found the 39mm size more elegant, but it's a tough call, and I suspect the chunk of the 41mm 15400 will tickle your fancy...because sometimes more is more. It's a tough call, but I really think you need to see them side by side to know what's for you. And I know you're missing your PAM...
Funny, I may unload my PAM176 because of it's dinner plate feel.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funny, I may unload my PAM176 because of it's dinner plate feel.

Wish I hadn't ordered all those eg's....i would be all over it. Just curious what would the asking price be? Feel free to pm if necessary

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bkotsko, I too am curious about what you can get for your 176 on your side of the pond.

bespoken pa, swing by Copenhagen and I'll let you have my 177 for $5.5k :)

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
bkotsko, I too am curious about what you can get for your 176 on your side of the pond.

I'll be in Copenhagen on the 27th, 4th, and 5th. I'm not looking for a PAM of course, but wouldn't mind some tips for my travels.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Mint with all the accoutrement probably in the range you quoted.
I imagine I'd ask for ~20% less, as I received it w/o box or papers.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say mine is Mint, but it has been worn rather sparingly. I do have all papers and all three boxes. Comes with an extra OP rubber strap (besides the usual rubber + gator).

DLJr, PM me with what you're looking for.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ensured my watch account will be forever dry, by buying a house
biggrin.gif
Moving out of the city, finally! To add insult to injury, I'm travelling to Geneva with a friend, and with no spending money
crazy.gif

And, because AP:
Congrats on the house, and thankfully, you acquired that lovely rg RO before the spending money became tied up in a house. Wishing you lots of fun on your travels, and hopefully you will return with some travel tips for the rest of us for future trips to Geneva.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The silverdialled RO is quite something, stitch! I think it would suit you :)
I just ensured my watch account will be forever dry, by buying a house :D Moving out of the city, finally! To add insult to injury, I'm travelling to Geneva with a friend, and with no spending money :crazy: And, because AP:
indeed! congrats on the house, and happy travels.
Stitchy, put them both on the wrist as soon as you can. Personally I found the 39mm size more elegant, but it's a tough call, and I suspect the chunk of the 41mm 15400 will tickle your fancy...because sometimes more is more. It's a tough call, but I really think you need to see them side by side to know what's for you. And I know you're missing your PAM...
plan on trying them on. actually not missing my PAM so much. the ToG is bringing me more than enough satisfaction. that swap was good for me.
I hear you! This is also my "reasonable" grail watch, in that exact makeup!
:fistbump:
Quote:
This is absolutely sublime. If I could own one watch only for the rest of my life, this would make an excellent choice.
:nodding: i was lying in bed last night for probably an hour trying to figure out how to make this happen.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Quote:
You're right, not a "Monster" per se, hence the crown/depth rating variance. But it's much nicer than the newer monster, and cheaper too. For that price it's almost silly not to own one. :)

i was lying in bed last night for probably an hour trying to figure out how to make this happen.

Me too. That and a certain pair of shoes. *sigh* Having dug the pictures out for you last night, I've been staring at the damn things all day.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Me too.  That and a certain pair of shoes.  *sigh*  Having dug the pictures out for you last night, I've been staring at the damn things all day.

i am still shy having a reasonable plan to make this happen in the time frame i want. aka, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads